Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Compote

willa_On

Culinary Explorer
Just wanted to pop in and share a recipe I did recently that turned out absolutely amazing! I know we all get stuck in a recipe rut sometimes, so I figured I'd spread the love with this tasty find. These pancakes are light, fluffy, and bursting with bright lemon flavor. The ricotta cheese adds a touch of richness, and the blueberry compote is the perfect sweet and tart topping. They're guaranteed to be a hit with everyone at the table!

Ingredients:

For the Pancakes:
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Compote.jpg

• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tbsp granulated sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 1/4 cups milk
  • 1 tbsp lemon zest
  • 2 tbsp melted butter
For the Blueberry Compote:

• 1 cup fresh blueberries
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 tbsp granulated sugar
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 tsp lemon juice

Instructions:

For the Pancakes:

1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
  2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the ricotta cheese, egg, milk, lemon zest, and melted butter until just combined.
  3. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir gently until just combined (a few lumps are okay).
  4. Preheat a lightly greased griddle or skillet over medium heat.
  5. Pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto the griddle. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until cooked through.
For the Blueberry Compote:

1. In a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, water, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice.
  2. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and becomes glossy. This should take about 5 minutes.
  3. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
To Assemble:

1. Stack the pancakes on a plate and spoon the blueberry compote over top.
  2. Serve immediately with additional maple syrup, whipped cream, or fresh berries, if desired.
These pancakes are a delightful way to start your day. The fluffy texture, bright lemon flavor, and sweet blueberry compote make them a breakfast (or brunch!) dream. Let me know if you give them a try!

Oh my! thank you so much for sharing this recipe for Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Compote! 🥞🍋💙 It sounds like the perfect combination of tangy and sweet, and I can already imagine the fluffy texture of the pancakes paired with the burst of flavor from the blueberry compote. 😋 I can't wait to whip up a batch for breakfast this weekend and impress my friends and family with this delightful treat!

Back