🍋🍗 Lemony Chicken Tomato Pasta Recipe 🍅

AOKN

Culinary Explorer
One evening, inspired, I made a spicy and delectable Lemony Chicken Tomato Pasta! 🍋🍅 I couldn't wait to share the recipe with you because it was a hit at my dinner table. Try it and enjoy! Perfect for when you're in the mood for something zesty and delicious! Cooking ought to be tasty and enjoyable!

Lemony Chicken Tomato.jpg
INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus more if needed​
  • 1 pound ground chicken​
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder​
  • 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning​
  • 1–2 teaspoons crushed red pepper, more or less to taste​
  • 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced​
  • 1 yellow onion, diced​
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste​
  • ¼ cup water or chicken broth​
  • 14.5-ounce can crushed tomatoes​
  • 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar​
  • Pinch of sugar​
  • 8.5-ounces dry tagliatelle, or use 12 ounces rigatoni or penne​
  • 3 ounces baby spinach, roughly chopped​
  • 1 small lemon, juiced and zested; juice and zest kept separate​
  • ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese​
  • Big pinch flaky sea salt​
  • 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper​
  • Salt and pepper to taste​
Fry the chicken:
  1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook for 12–15 minutes, breaking it up with a spoon as it cooks. Transfer to a plate.​
Sauté the mushrooms and onions:
  1. Add the mushrooms to the pot over medium heat. Cook, turning occasionally, until they release as much water as possible. If you find them sticking to the pot, add a scant amount of olive oil. Continue cooking until the water releases and evaporates.​
  2. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to the mushrooms and sauté for 3–5 minutes until golden brown around the edges. Add the diced onion and cook for 5–7 minutes until the onions soften. Season with salt and pepper.​
  3. Add the tomato paste to the pot and gently mash it into the mushrooms and onions. Cook for 2 minutes until it deepens in color.​
Simmer the sauce:
  1. Pour in the wine or chicken broth and stir to lift up anything stuck to the bottom of the pot.​
  2. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and a pinch of sugar. Add the cooked chicken and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and season with salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes until thick. If the sauce sticks, add a splash of water as it simmers. Taste and season once more.​
Cook the pasta:
  1. Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions. Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water and then drain.​
Finish the sauce:
  1. Add the spinach and lemon juice to the tomato sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes until wilted. Add the pasta and toss to coat, adding as much of the pasta water as needed until the pasta is well-coated. Turn off the heat.​
Prepare the Parmesan mixture:
  1. Mix together the lemon zest, Parmesan, flaky sea salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Set aside.​
To serve:
  1. Pile the pasta onto a large serving platter. Scatter half the Parmesan mixture on top. Serve the rest of the Parmesan mixture at the table for people to add to their plates as they like. Enjoy!​

Yes, it’s one of my favorites too—an endearing combination of sweet and spicy flavors. A perfect partner to any of your dinner nights. 🍋🍅🎉

This Lemony Chicken Tomato Pasta Recipe has my taste buds tingling! 😋 Love the fresh flavors and simplicity of this dish. Can't wait to whip it up for a flavorful dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing this mouthwatering recipe!

Back