Lentils Recipe

lomiloml

Novice Foodie
easy-one-pot-lentils.jpg

Lentils Recipe

I recently discovered this amazing lentil recipe that's become a favorite in my kitchen. It's a simple yet incredibly flavorful dish that's perfect for a hearty meal. Here's what you'll need:

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup dried lentils (any variety you prefer)
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 carrots, diced
  • 2 celery stalks, diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
  • 4 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish
  • Lemon wedges for serving

Instructions:
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.​
2. Add the minced garlic, diced carrots, celery, and red bell pepper to the pot. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.​
3. Rinse the lentils under cold water and add them to the pot along with the diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.​
4. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Let it simmer, uncovered, for about 25-30 minutes or until the lentils are tender.​
5. Once the lentils are cooked through, taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley or cilantro and a wedge of lemon on the side.​

This lentil recipe is not only delicious but also nutritious and satisfying. It's perfect for a cozy dinner or even as leftovers for lunch the next day. Give it a try—I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do!

View attachment 4106

Lentils Recipe

I recently discovered this amazing lentil recipe that's become a favorite in my kitchen. It's a simple yet incredibly flavorful dish that's perfect for a hearty meal. Here's what you'll need:

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup dried lentils (any variety you prefer)
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 carrots, diced
  • 2 celery stalks, diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
  • 4 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish
  • Lemon wedges for serving

Instructions:
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.​
2. Add the minced garlic, diced carrots, celery, and red bell pepper to the pot. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.​
3. Rinse the lentils under cold water and add them to the pot along with the diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.​
4. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Let it simmer, uncovered, for about 25-30 minutes or until the lentils are tender.​
5. Once the lentils are cooked through, taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley or cilantro and a wedge of lemon on the side.​

This lentil recipe is not only delicious but also nutritious and satisfying. It's perfect for a cozy dinner or even as leftovers for lunch the next day. Give it a try—I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do!
I love lentils! They're so versatile and nutritious. Definitely adding this recipe to my weekly meal prep. 🥣✨

Lentils are a staple in my kitchen! 😋🍲 So versatile and nutritious. Can't wait to see your recipe—I'm always looking for new ways to cook them up!

Back