Let's Chat about Awesome Tofu Popcorn/Nuggets (Gluten-Free, Vegan)!

avodahking

Novice Foodie
Hey Foodie Folks,

I'm really excited to share this awesome recipe for tofu popcorn/nuggets that I tried out. They're completely gluten-free and vegan, and they taste absolutely amazing!

Here's how I made them:

Ingredients:
Tofu Popcorn Nuggets Gluten-Free, Vegan.jpeg

• 1 block of extra-firm tofu, make sure to press and drain it well
  • 1/2 cup of gluten-free all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk (or any non-dairy milk you like)
  • 1 cup of gluten-free breadcrumbs (I used the panko-style for extra crunch)
  • 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon of onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Cooking oil spray
Instructions:

1. Start by pressing your tofu to get rid of any extra moisture. I usually wrap it in a clean kitchen towel and place something heavy on top for about half an hour.
  2. Once the tofu is pressed, cut it into bite-sized pieces or nuggets. I like them on the smaller side, but you can make them any size you want!
  3. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  4. Now, let's set up our breading station. Get three shallow bowls ready – one for the gluten-free flour, one for the almond milk, and one for the breadcrumb mixture. In the third bowl, mix together the gluten-free breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
  5. Time to coat the tofu pieces! Dip each one first in the flour, then in the almond milk, and finally in the breadcrumb mixture, making sure they're well coated.
  6. Place the breaded tofu pieces on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer, giving them a little space between each one.
  7. Give your tofu nuggets a quick spray with cooking oil spray. This helps them get nice and crispy in the oven.
  8. Pop the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake the tofu nuggets for about 25-30 minutes, flipping them halfway through, until they're golden and crispy on all sides.
  9. Once they're done, take them out of the oven and let them cool for a minute or two before serving.
  10. Serve your tofu popcorn/nuggets hot with your favorite dipping sauce – I like them with barbecue sauce or vegan ranch!
And there you have it – delicious tofu popcorn/nuggets that are totally gluten-free and vegan! They're perfect for snacking, sharing with friends, or making a tasty meal. Give them a try and let me know what you think!

I've been eyeing this Easy Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole recipe and I'm seriously considering giving it a shot. It seems like a great twist on a classic dish, and I'm curious to see how the flavours come together. Plus, anything with bacon and cheese has to be good, right? Can't wait to try it out!

Back