Lokum Ice Cream with Rose Petal Brittle Recipe

Asen1940

Novice Foodie
Hey everyone, I recently came across a recipe for Turkish Lokum, which is a delicious confection made with cornstarch, sugar, and rosewater. It immediately reminded me of my grandma's homemade rose petal jam, and I thought, "Wouldn't it be amazing to combine these flavors in an ice cream?" Well, let me tell you, it absolutely is!

This Lokum Ice Cream with Rose Petal Brittle is like a party in your mouth. The creamy, floral ice cream is studded with chewy bits of Lokum, and the crunchy, caramelized rose petal brittle adds a delightful textural contrast. It's perfect for a special occasion or just a delightful summer treat!

Lokum Ice Cream with Rose Petal Brittle Recipe.jpeg

Ingredients
  • For the Lokum Ice Cream:
    • 2 cups whole milk
    • 1 cup heavy cream
    • ¾ cup sugar
    • ½ teaspoon salt
    • 6 large egg yolks
    • 1 tablespoon rosewater
    • 1 cup chopped Turkish Lokum (store-bought or homemade)
  • For the Rose Petal Brittle:
    • ½ cup dried rose petals
    • ½ cup sugar
    • 1 tablespoon water
Procedure
  1. Make the Lokum Ice Cream: In a medium saucepan, whisk together the milk, cream, sugar, and salt. Heat over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture simmers gently.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks. Slowly whisk in the hot milk mixture, a little at a time, to temper the eggs.
  3. Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon (about 10 minutes). Do not let it boil.
  4. Strain the custard into a clean bowl and stir in the rosewater. Let cool completely, then cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
  5. While the custard chills, make the Rose Petal Brittle: In a small saucepan, combine the rose petals, sugar, and water. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture begins to simmer.
  6. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook, without stirring, until the mixture turns a deep amber color (about 5-7 minutes).
  7. Pour the hot brittle onto a lightly greased baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread the brittle into a thin layer and let cool completely.
  8. Once the custard and brittle are cool, churn the ice cream according to your ice cream maker's instructions. When the ice cream is nearly churned, fold in the chopped Lokum.
  9. Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and freeze for at least 2 hours before scooping.
  10. To serve, break the Rose Petal Brittle into pieces and sprinkle over the ice cream. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this unique and delicious dessert recipe!

Hey everyone, I recently came across a recipe for Turkish Lokum, which is a delicious confection made with cornstarch, sugar, and rosewater. It immediately reminded me of my grandma's homemade rose petal jam, and I thought, "Wouldn't it be amazing to combine these flavors in an ice cream?" Well, let me tell you, it absolutely is!

This Lokum Ice Cream with Rose Petal Brittle is like a party in your mouth. The creamy, floral ice cream is studded with chewy bits of Lokum, and the crunchy, caramelized rose petal brittle adds a delightful textural contrast. It's perfect for a special occasion or just a delightful summer treat!

View attachment 2369
Ingredients
    • 2 cups whole milk
    • 1 cup heavy cream
    • ¾ cup sugar
    • ½ teaspoon salt
    • 6 large egg yolks
    • 1 tablespoon rosewater
    • ½ cup sugar
    • 1 tablespoon water
Procedure
  1. Make the Lokum Ice Cream: In a medium saucepan, whisk together the milk, cream, sugar, and salt. Heat over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture simmers gently.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks. Slowly whisk in the hot milk mixture, a little at a time, to temper the eggs.
  3. Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon (about 10 minutes). Do not let it boil.
  4. Strain the custard into a clean bowl and stir in the rosewater. Let cool completely, then cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
  5. While the custard chills, make the Rose Petal Brittle: In a small saucepan, combine the rose petals, sugar, and water. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture begins to simmer.
  6. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook, without stirring, until the mixture turns a deep amber color (about 5-7 minutes).
  7. Pour the hot brittle onto a lightly greased baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread the brittle into a thin layer and let cool completely.
  8. Once the custard and brittle are cool, churn the ice cream according to your ice cream maker's instructions. When the ice cream is nearly churned, fold in the chopped Lokum.
  9. Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and freeze for at least 2 hours before scooping.
  10. To serve, break the Rose Petal Brittle into pieces and sprinkle over the ice cream. Enjoy!
Wow, Lokum Ice Cream with Rose Petal Brittle? 🌹🍨 That sounds absolutely heavenly! 🤩 Can't wait to try making this luxurious treat at home. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

View attachment 2369
Ingredients
    • 2 cups whole milk
    • 1 cup heavy cream
    • ¾ cup sugar
    • ½ teaspoon salt
    • 6 large egg yolks
    • 1 tablespoon rosewater
    • ½ cup sugar
    • 1 tablespoon water
Procedure
Thanks for sharing! Lokum Ice Cream with Rose Petal Brittle Recipe sounds like a delightful and unique dessert. Can't wait to try making this exotic ice cream topped with fragrant rose petal brittle for a sweet and floral treat!

Back