You better try a Turkish Delight
Lokum ( Turkish Delight).jpg

Ingredients:​

• 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup corn starch
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional, such as pistachios or walnuts)
  • 1 tsp rose or orange blossom water (or to taste)
  • Powdered sugar and corn starch (for dusting)

Instructions:​

1. Prepare Pan: Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and lightly grease it.
  2. Make Syrup: In a saucepan, combine granulated sugar, water, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce to a simmer and cook until it reaches 240°F (115°C) on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat.
  3. Mix Corn Starch: In a separate bowl, mix the corn starch with 1 cup of water to form a slurry.
  4. Combine: Pour the corn starch slurry into a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture becomes thick and translucent.
  5. Add Syrup: Gradually stir in the hot sugar syrup. Continue to cook and stir for about 15-20 minutes, until the mixture is very thick and starts to pull away from the sides of the pan.
  6. Flavor: Remove from heat and stir in the rose or orange blossom water and nuts if using.
  7. Set: Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula. Let it cool at room temperature for at least 4 hours or overnight to set.
  8. Cut and Dust: Once set, dust a cutting board with a mixture of powdered sugar and corn starch. Turn the Lokum out onto the board and cut into squares. Dust the pieces with more powdered sugar and corn starch to prevent sticking.
Enjoy your homemade Lokum! If you have any questions or need further assistance, just let me know.

Lokum, or Turkish Delight, looks absolutely delightful! I love the colorful pieces and the dusting of powdered sugar. They seem so chewy and sweet, making them perfect for a treat or gift. I can’t wait to try making these and enjoy a taste of something special! 🍬🌈✨

Back