Macaroni Salad

ChocoJay

Culinary Explorer
I'm excited to share with you a classic recipe for macaroni salad. It's a delightful dish that's perfect for picnics, potlucks, or just a tasty side at home. So, grab your ingredients and let's whip up some deliciousness together!

Ingredients:
342×381
297.5 kB

1711339968151.png

• 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
  • 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup diced celery
  • 1/4 cup diced red onion
  • 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
  • 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
  • Optional: chopped parsley or chives for garnish
Instructions:
  1. Cook the macaroni according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Allow it to cool completely.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper until well combined.
  3. Add the cooked and cooled macaroni to the bowl with the dressing. Stir to coat the macaroni evenly.
  4. Add the chopped hard-boiled eggs, diced celery, red onion, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper to the bowl. Gently fold everything together until well combined and evenly distributed.
  5. Taste the macaroni salad and adjust seasoning if needed by adding more salt, pepper, or other seasonings according to your preference.
  6. Cover the bowl and refrigerate the macaroni salad for at least 1 hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
  7. Before serving, give the macaroni salad a final stir and garnish with chopped parsley or chives if desired.
Enjoy your homemade macaroni salad as a delicious side dish or a light meal!

A perfect side dish for any potluck or barbecue!! Thanks for sharing the recipe, can't wait to give it a try! 💪 Maybe I'll add a sprinkle of paprika for a bit of smokiness too 🔥

Sounds like a perfect addition to any gathering! 🥗🌞 Macaroni salad is always a crowd-pleaser, and your classic recipe is sure to be a hit at picnics, potlucks, or any meal at home. Can't wait to join you in whipping up this delightful dish—thanks for sharing!

I've already tried this and it's so perfect. This is a must-try side dish for everyone, I'm sure you won't regret it.

Back