🍫 Mallomars Recipe 🍪

beni

Tasty Apprentice
Mallomars cookies are my favorite because they are so delicious—chocolate, marshmallow, and graham cracker! 😊 I prepared a homemade version to sate my hunger and spread the happiness to others after realizing that I hadn't had one in a long time. I'm eager to relive that delectable nostalgia! 🍩

Mallomars.jpg
Ingredients

for the biscuit:
  • 250g all purpose flour​
  • 65g almond flour​
  • 1/2 tsp salt​
  • 200g unsalted butter, room temperature​
  • 1 egg​
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract​
  • 150g granulated sugar​
For the marshmallow:
  • 15g powdered gelatin​
  • 120ml cold water​
  • 80ml cold water​
  • 200g granulated sugar​
  • 100g light corn syrup​
  • 1 pinch of salt​
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract​
  • 4 egg whites, room temperature​
For the chocolate shell:
  • 600g semi-sweet chocolate​
  • 200g unsalted butter, cubed​
  • pinch of salt​
Method
Shortbread
  1. Preheat the oven to 175ºC/350ºF and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.​
  2. Sift flour, almond flour, and salt into a mixing bowl and whisk together until combined. Set aside.​
  3. In a stand mixer bowl, or in a bowl with a handheld mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.​
  4. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.​
  5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix on low, until incorporated.​
  6. Roll out the dough to 10mm/ 3/8” thickness and chill covered in the freezer for 10 minutes.​
  7. Cut the dough into 2” rounds and transfer to baking sheet.​
  8. Bake for 13-15 minutes until lightly golden at the edges.​
  9. Once finished baking, cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.​
Marshmallow
  1. Bloom the gelatin with 120ml water in a small bowl and set aside.​
  2. In a small saucepan fitted with a candy thermometer, mix sugar, corn syrup with 80ml water. Set heat to med-hi.​
  3. While the syrup is heating, beat the egg whites on low until foamy. Add a pinch of salt and continue beating on low.​
  4. When the syrup temperature reaches 100ºC/210ºF, increase the mixer speed to high and continue beating the whites.​
  5. When the syrup reaches 118ºC/245º, remove from heat and pour into the egg whites (with the mixer still going). Avoid touching the syrup to the side of the bowl. Keep beating egg whites.​
  6. In the same saucepan, melt the gelatin. Once liquid, pour into the egg whites.​
  7. Continue beating the egg whites until the bowl is completely cooled.​
  8. Scoop the marshmallow into a piping bag fitted with a 1A piping tip (or similar round tip).​
  9. Pipe the marshmallow onto the cooled biscuits by holding the piping tip over the center of the biscuit and squeezing. The marshmallow will look as if it is inflating, slowly move the tip upward to allow it to “grow.” Once the marshmallow almost reaches the sides of the biscuit, lift the tip and repeat, making a smaller blob on top.​
  10. Once the marshmallow has been piped, brulée the marshmallow lightly with a torch (this is optional). Set the biscuits aside on a cooling rack set over a baking sheet or parchment paper to allow the marshmallow to set.​
Ganache/Chocolate Shell
  1. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and the butter.​
  2. Once the mixture has melted, mix in a pinch of salt.​
  3. While the chocolate is still liquid, pour the chocolate over the top of each cookie, making sure all sides are covered.​
  4. Once the ganache has been poured over all of the cookies, allow the chocolate to set for a couple of hours before serving.​
Get ready to bring back the nostalgia with this homemade Mallomars recipe! Add your personal touch and indulge in these irresistible treats! 🍫

Wow, homemade Mallomars? 😍 You just took me straight back to childhood! 🥰 This recipe looks amazing and way more impressive than the store-bought ones. ..Love the step-by-step instructions coz you've made it seem almost easy! Gotta try this soon - thanks for sharing! 🤗🫶

Mallomars cookies are my favorite because they are so delicious—chocolate, marshmallow, and graham cracker! 😊 I prepared a homemade version to sate my hunger and spread the happiness to others after realizing that I hadn't had one in a long time. I'm eager to relive that delectable nostalgia! 🍩

View attachment 3326Ingredients

for the biscuit:
  • 250g all purpose flour​
  • 65g almond flour​
  • 1/2 tsp salt​
  • 200g unsalted butter, room temperature​
  • 1 egg​
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract​
  • 150g granulated sugar​
For the marshmallow:
  • 15g powdered gelatin​
  • 120ml cold water​
  • 80ml cold water​
  • 200g granulated sugar​
  • 100g light corn syrup​
  • 1 pinch of salt​
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract​
  • 4 egg whites, room temperature​
For the chocolate shell:
  • 600g semi-sweet chocolate​
  • 200g unsalted butter, cubed​
  • pinch of salt​
Method
Shortbread
  1. Preheat the oven to 175ºC/350ºF and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.​
  2. Sift flour, almond flour, and salt into a mixing bowl and whisk together until combined. Set aside.​
  3. In a stand mixer bowl, or in a bowl with a handheld mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.​
  4. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.​
  5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix on low, until incorporated.​
  6. Roll out the dough to 10mm/ 3/8” thickness and chill covered in the freezer for 10 minutes.​
  7. Cut the dough into 2” rounds and transfer to baking sheet.​
  8. Bake for 13-15 minutes until lightly golden at the edges.​
  9. Once finished baking, cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.​
Marshmallow
  1. Bloom the gelatin with 120ml water in a small bowl and set aside.​
  2. In a small saucepan fitted with a candy thermometer, mix sugar, corn syrup with 80ml water. Set heat to med-hi.​
  3. While the syrup is heating, beat the egg whites on low until foamy. Add a pinch of salt and continue beating on low.​
  4. When the syrup temperature reaches 100ºC/210ºF, increase the mixer speed to high and continue beating the whites.​
  5. When the syrup reaches 118ºC/245º, remove from heat and pour into the egg whites (with the mixer still going). Avoid touching the syrup to the side of the bowl. Keep beating egg whites.​
  6. In the same saucepan, melt the gelatin. Once liquid, pour into the egg whites.​
  7. Continue beating the egg whites until the bowl is completely cooled.​
  8. Scoop the marshmallow into a piping bag fitted with a 1A piping tip (or similar round tip).​
  9. Pipe the marshmallow onto the cooled biscuits by holding the piping tip over the center of the biscuit and squeezing. The marshmallow will look as if it is inflating, slowly move the tip upward to allow it to “grow.” Once the marshmallow almost reaches the sides of the biscuit, lift the tip and repeat, making a smaller blob on top.​
  10. Once the marshmallow has been piped, brulée the marshmallow lightly with a torch (this is optional). Set the biscuits aside on a cooling rack set over a baking sheet or parchment paper to allow the marshmallow to set.​
Ganache/Chocolate Shell
  1. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and the butter.​
  2. Once the mixture has melted, mix in a pinch of salt.​
  3. While the chocolate is still liquid, pour the chocolate over the top of each cookie, making sure all sides are covered.​
  4. Once the ganache has been poured over all of the cookies, allow the chocolate to set for a couple of hours before serving.​
Get ready to bring back the nostalgia with this homemade Mallomars recipe! Add your personal touch and indulge in these irresistible treats! 🍫
Homemade Mallomars? Yes, please! These look absolutely scrumptious. Can't wait to indulge in some nostalgic treats! 🍫🍪✨

Mallomars Recipe? Yum! 🍫🍪 Those chocolatey, marshmallowy treats are a childhood favorite! Can't wait to recreate them at home and indulge in that irresistible combo of chocolate and marshmallow goodness. Thanks for sharing this sweet recipe! 😋

Back