Matcha Ice Cream Recipe

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone!

I've been experimenting in the kitchen and wanted to share this Matcha Ice Cream recipe that's been a hit at my place. If you're a fan of that earthy, slightly bitter matcha flavor, you'll love this creamy, refreshing treat. Super easy to make too!
Ingredients:

• 2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder (adjust to taste)
  • 4 egg yolks
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions:

1. In a medium saucepan, combine the milk and heavy cream. Heat over medium heat until it just starts to simmer, then remove from heat.
  2. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until the mixture becomes pale and thick.
  3. Slowly pour the hot milk and cream mixture into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly to avoid scrambling the eggs.
  4. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until it thickens slightly and coats the back of a spoon. This should take about 5-7 minutes. Do not let it boil.
  5. Remove from heat and whisk in the matcha powder until fully dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
  6. Stir in the vanilla extract.
  7. Let the mixture cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
  8. Once chilled, pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions. If you don't have an ice cream maker, you can pour it into a shallow container, freeze, and stir every 30 minutes until it reaches your desired consistency.
    Matcha Ice Cream Recipe.jpg
I think this ice cream pairs beautifully with fresh berries or a drizzle of honey. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do! 🍵🍦

Matcha is one of my favorite flavors, but I haven't tried it in ice cream before. Is the matcha flavor strong? I can handle a bit of bitterness, but I don't want it to be overpowering. 🙂👍😉👌✨

Back