Matcha Raspberry Jam Thumbprint Cookies 🐾🍪

aurora

Tasty Apprentice
After my visit in Japan, I got addicted to this matcha latte and want to recreate something out of matcha and internet really has a lot of things to offer. Here’s the recipe I use if you’re interested in this matcha cookies ᡣ𐭩

Ingredients
  • 1 cup (250g) unsalted butter
  • 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3-4 tsp culinary-grade matcha
  • 2 1/2 cups (300g) preferred baking flour
    • If using gluten free flour, use 2 1/2 cups (300g) baking flour + 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup (115g) raspberry jam
 Matcha Raspberry Jam Thumbprint Cookies.jpg
Directions

1. Preheat oven at 350°F (180°C)
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together 1 cup (250g) unsalted butter, 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar and 2 tsp vanilla extract
  3. Mix in 1 egg yolk
  4. Mix in 2 1/2 cups (300g) preferred baking flour, 3-4 tsp culinary-grade matcha, - 1/2 tsp baking soda, and 1/2 tsp salt
  5. Line a baking tray with parchment paper - OR - cooking spray
  6. Take out small sized portions of dough, and roll them together between your palms, then evenly space each ball onto baking tray
  7. With your thumb (or a small spoon), create small indents in the cookies Fill the idents with raspberry jam
    1. Don’t overfill the cookies - the jam might spill over!
  8. Bake the thumbprint cookies in the oven at 350°F (180°C) for 10-11 minutes
  9. Take them out, and allow to cool for a minimum of 15 minutes
  10. Enjoy your matcha cookies!

Are you also a matcha lover too? Tell me in the comments below and tell me how your matcha cookies turned out. 🧸🧺🍪

Your matcha cookies recipe sounds absolutely delightful! The combination of matcha with raspberry jam must create a deliciously unique flavor. Thank you for sharing this creative and tempting recipe!

The combination of earthy matcha and sweet raspberry jam is simply divine. I think these might become a new favorite in my cookie rotation! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

I love how you've combined the flavors of matcha and raspberry jam. It looks really yummy!!!😋
Your matcha cookies recipe sounds absolutely delightful! The combination of matcha with raspberry jam must create a deliciously unique flavor. Thank you for sharing this creative and tempting recipe!
The combination of earthy matcha and sweet raspberry jam is simply divine. I think these might become a new favorite in my cookie rotation! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
It is definitely a must-try for matcha lovers like me ૮₍ ˃ ⤙ ˂ ₎ა

How delightful! 🍵🍪 Matcha cookies are such a treat, and it's fantastic that you found a recipe to recreate that delicious matcha latte flavor at home. I'd love to give your recipe a try—thanks for sharing your matcha-inspired culinary adventure with us!

Back