Mediterranean Chickpea Salad Recipe

benzie

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone,

I wanted to share one of my go-to recipes for a fresh and satisfying salad that’s perfect for lunch or dinner. It's super easy to make, packed with flavor, and really healthy. Here's my recipe for a Mediterranean Chickpea Salad.

Ingredients:

• 1 can (15 oz) of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 1 cucumber, diced
  • 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup of Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
  • 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
  • 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1/4 cup of fresh mint, chopped (optional, but adds a nice touch)
  • 2 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar
  • 1 tbsp of lemon juice
  • 1 tsp of dried oregano
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:

1. Prepare the Vegetables:
    • In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, diced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion, olives, feta cheese, parsley, and mint (if using).
  2. Make the Dressing:
    • In a small bowl or a jar with a lid, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
  3. Toss the Salad:
    • Pour the dressing over the salad and toss everything together until well combined.
  4. Let it Marinate:
    • For the best flavor, let the salad sit for at least 15-20 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
This salad is super versatile—you can add grilled chicken or shrimp on top to make it more filling, or enjoy it as is for a light and refreshing meal. It's also great for meal prep since it keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days.
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad Recipe.jpg

I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try or if you have any variations you like to add.

Happy cooking!

This Mediterranean Chickpea Salad recipe has me craving a healthy and flavorful meal! 🥗💚 I love how versatile and easy it is to make—definitely adding it to my lunch rotation! Thanks for sharing! 🍋🌿

Oh, let me gush about this Mediterranean Chickpea Salad! 🥗💕 It's a vibrant masterpiece, bursting with flavors and textures that transport you straight to the sunny shores of the Mediterranean! 🏖️🌞 Imagine plump chickpeas mingling with crisp cucumber, sweet bell peppers, juicy cherry tomatoes, zesty red onions, and briny Kalamata olives, all coming together in a harmonious symphony of tastes! 🎶🌿 And let's not forget about the creamy, tangy crumbled feta cheese that adds the perfect finishing touch! 🧀✨ Every forkful is like a taste of paradise, refreshing, satisfying, and oh-so-delicious! 😋👌 If you're looking for a salad that's as nutritious as it is flavorful, this one's an absolute winner! 🌟🥗

Hey everyone,

I wanted to share one of my go-to recipes for a fresh and satisfying salad that’s perfect for lunch or dinner. It's super easy to make, packed with flavor, and really healthy. Here's my recipe for a Mediterranean Chickpea Salad.

Ingredients:

• 1 can (15 oz) of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 1 cucumber, diced
  • 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup of Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
  • 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
  • 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1/4 cup of fresh mint, chopped (optional, but adds a nice touch)
  • 2 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar
  • 1 tbsp of lemon juice
  • 1 tsp of dried oregano
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:

1. Prepare the Vegetables:
    • In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, diced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion, olives, feta cheese, parsley, and mint (if using).
  2. Make the Dressing:
    • In a small bowl or a jar with a lid, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
  3. Toss the Salad:
    • Pour the dressing over the salad and toss everything together until well combined.
  4. Let it Marinate:
    • For the best flavor, let the salad sit for at least 15-20 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
This salad is super versatile—you can add grilled chicken or shrimp on top to make it more filling, or enjoy it as is for a light and refreshing meal. It's also great for meal prep since it keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days.
View attachment 3022
I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Let me know if you give it a try or if you have any variations you like to add.

Happy cooking!
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is one of my favorite go-to recipes for a light and refreshing meal. I love the combination of chickpeas, fresh vegetables, olives, and feta cheese, all tossed in a tangy vinaigrette. It's so easy to make and perfect for a quick lunch or a side dish for dinner. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe!

Back