Mexican Sweet Bread Conchas

Klaire_Desteen

Culinary Explorer
Hey there! 🌟 Today, I'm thrilled to share with you my take on a classic Mexican sweet bread known as Conchas. These delightful treats hold a special place in my heart, as they remind me of my grandmother's kitchen and the joy of baking together.

Ingredients for the Dough:
Conchas.jpg

• 4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
  • 1/2 cup warm milk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
Ingredients for the Topping:
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Food coloring (optional)
Instructions:
  1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, and instant yeast.
  2. Add the warm milk, eggs, and softened butter to the dry ingredients. Mix until a dough forms.
  3. Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 10 minutes, or until it becomes smooth and elastic.
  4. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a clean kitchen towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
  5. While the dough is rising, prepare the topping by mixing together the softened butter, sugar, flour, and vanilla extract until crumbly. Add food coloring if desired.
  6. Once the dough has risen, punch it down and divide it into equal-sized portions.
  7. Shape each portion of dough into a ball and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
  8. Flatten each ball slightly and top them with the prepared topping, pressing it gently into the dough.
  9. Using a sharp knife, score the topping to create the traditional shell pattern.
  10. Cover the conchas with a clean kitchen towel and let them rise for another 30 minutes.
  11. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
  12. Bake the conchas in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
  13. Allow the conchas to cool on a wire rack before serving.
They're perfect for breakfast or as an afternoon treat with a cup of coffee🍞✨

Mexican Sweet Bread Conchas? Oh, these take me back! Such a nostalgic treat with a cup of coffee. Can't wait to bake up a batch and relive those flavors. Thanks for sharing this taste of home! 🥰

Hey there! 🌟 Today, I'm thrilled to share with you my take on a classic Mexican sweet bread known as Conchas. These delightful treats hold a special place in my heart, as they remind me of my grandmother's kitchen and the joy of baking together.

Ingredients for the Dough:View attachment 3280
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup warm milk
  • 2 large eggs
Instructions:
  2. Add the warm milk, eggs, and softened butter to the dry ingredients. Mix until a dough forms.
  3. Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 10 minutes, or until it becomes smooth and elastic.
  4. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a clean kitchen towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
  5. While the dough is rising, prepare the topping by mixing together the softened butter, sugar, flour, and vanilla extract until crumbly. Add food coloring if desired.
  6. Once the dough has risen, punch it down and divide it into equal-sized portions.
  7. Shape each portion of dough into a ball and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
  8. Flatten each ball slightly and top them with the prepared topping, pressing it gently into the dough.
  9. Using a sharp knife, score the topping to create the traditional shell pattern.
  10. Cover the conchas with a clean kitchen towel and let them rise for another 30 minutes.
  12. Bake the conchas in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Yum! 😋 Ur Mex Sweet Bread Conchas sound delish! 🌟 Reminds me of cozy fam baking days. Ever tried adding a twist to the topping? Maybe some cocoa powder for a choco flavor or a dash of cinnamon for xtra warmth? Just a thought! Keep those baking adventures going! 🍰✨

Ingredients for the Dough:View attachment 3280
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup warm milk
  • 2 large eggs
Instructions:
I've always wanted to make conchas at home! Thanks for sharing this recipe. They look so delicious and perfect with a cup of coffee. ☕🍞

They're very popular, these Mexican Sweet Bread Conchas! The step-by-step directions make it appear easy to duplicate, and the dish evokes memories of family and tradition. The vivid hues shout fiesta! 🇲🇽

Back