miso cod recipe

NANA_

Novice Foodie

Miso Cod Recipe 🍽️

I recently tried this Miso Cod recipe, and I have to say, it was a game-changer for my weeknight dinners! The sweet and savory miso marinade infuses the fish with such rich flavor, while the broiling process gives it a beautifully caramelized finish. It’s an incredibly simple recipe that feels restaurant-worthy. Here's how you can make it at home:

Ingredients 📝

• 2 (6-ounce) cod fillets
  • 1/4 cup white miso paste
  • 2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
  • 2 tablespoons sake
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 2 scallions, thinly sliced (for garnish)
  • Sesame seeds (for garnish)

Procedure 👩‍🍳

1. Prepare the Marinade: In a small bowl, whisk together the miso paste, mirin, sake, sugar, soy sauce, and sesame oil until smooth.
  2. Marinate the Cod: Place the cod fillets in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them, ensuring they are fully coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours for a deeper flavor.
  3. Preheat the Broiler: Position your oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the broiler on high.
  4. Broil the Cod: Remove the cod from the marinade and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil for 6-8 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Keep an eye on it to prevent burning, as the marinade can caramelize quickly.
  5. Serve: Transfer the cod to serving plates and sprinkle with sliced scallions and sesame seeds. Serve hot with steamed rice and your favorite veggies.

Conclusion 🍴

Trying this Miso Cod recipe was like bringing a taste of a high-end Japanese restaurant right into my kitchen. The flavors are perfectly balanced, and it's surprisingly easy to make! I’m definitely adding this to my regular meal rotation, and I hope you enjoy it just as much as I did. Happy cooking! 😋

Feel free to adjust the sweetness or saltiness to your preference, and don’t forget to let me know how it turns out!

images

Miso Cod Recipe 🍽️

I recently tried this Miso Cod recipe, and I have to say, it was a game-changer for my weeknight dinners! The sweet and savory miso marinade infuses the fish with such rich flavor, while the broiling process gives it a beautifully caramelized finish. It’s an incredibly simple recipe that feels restaurant-worthy. Here's how you can make it at home:

Ingredients 📝

• 2 (6-ounce) cod fillets
  • 1/4 cup white miso paste
  • 2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
  • 2 tablespoons sake
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 2 scallions, thinly sliced (for garnish)
  • Sesame seeds (for garnish)

Procedure 👩‍🍳

1. Prepare the Marinade: In a small bowl, whisk together the miso paste, mirin, sake, sugar, soy sauce, and sesame oil until smooth.
  2. Marinate the Cod: Place the cod fillets in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them, ensuring they are fully coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours for a deeper flavor.
  3. Preheat the Broiler: Position your oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the broiler on high.
  4. Broil the Cod: Remove the cod from the marinade and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil for 6-8 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Keep an eye on it to prevent burning, as the marinade can caramelize quickly.
  5. Serve: Transfer the cod to serving plates and sprinkle with sliced scallions and sesame seeds. Serve hot with steamed rice and your favorite veggies.

Conclusion 🍴

Trying this Miso Cod recipe was like bringing a taste of a high-end Japanese restaurant right into my kitchen. The flavors are perfectly balanced, and it's surprisingly easy to make! I’m definitely adding this to my regular meal rotation, and I hope you enjoy it just as much as I did. Happy cooking! 😋

Feel free to adjust the sweetness or saltiness to your preference, and don’t forget to let me know how it turns out!

images
Thanks for sharing! I think miso adds a unique umami flavor to cod. Though, any tips on where to find good-quality miso paste? 🍣🥢

Wow, this Miso Cod sounds incredible! 🤩 The marinade sounds super flavorful and that broiled finish looks on point ..Definitely gotta try this recipe for a fuss-free weeknight dinner with fancy restaurant vibes. Thanks for sharing! 😊

Back