Miso Dengaku - Grilled Miso Tofu

Kath_

Tasty Apprentice
Miso Dengaku is a delicious Japanese dish featuring tofu grilled with a sweet and savory miso glaze. This dish combines the umami flavor of miso with the smoky, charred goodness of grilled tofu.

🍢 **Ingredients**:
- 1 block firm tofu, sliced into thick pieces
- 1/4 cup white miso paste
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp sake (optional)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Chopped green onions (for garnish)

Miso Dengaku.jpg

🍢 **Instructions**:
1. Preheat your grill or broiler to medium-high heat.
2. Mix miso paste, sugar, mirin, and sake (if using) in a bowl to make the glaze.
3. Brush the tofu slices with vegetable oil and grill or broil for about 3-4 minutes per side until golden and slightly crispy.
4. Brush the miso glaze onto the tofu during the last 2 minutes of grilling or broiling, allowing it to caramelize.
5. Garnish with chopped green onions and serve hot. Enjoy the rich, savory flavors of Miso Dengaku!

This Miso Dengaku looks so tasty and flavorful! 🍢🤤 Grilled miso tofu is such a delicious and unique twist. Can’t wait to try making this at home!

This sounds amazing! I've never tried grilling tofu with a miso glaze before, but I'm definitely going to give it a shot. I love how simple the ingredients are, and the combination of sweet and savory flavors with that charred tofu sounds perfect. Thanks for sharing this recipe! 🍢

Back