Moroccan Harira Soup

lomiloml

Culinary Explorer
classic-moroccan-harira-soup-2394920-hero-01-ffd8665c225c48c4a45c4314e96821b2.jpg

I recently made Moroccan Harira Soup, and it quickly became a favorite. The combination of spices, tender chickpeas, and savory tomatoes creates such a comforting and flavorful dish. It’s the kind of soup that feels like a warm hug in a bowl.

Ingredients:​

• 1 cup dried chickpeas (soaked overnight)
  • 1/2 cup lentils
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
  • 1/4 cup chopped celery
  • 1/4 cup chopped parsley
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp ground turmeric
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 6 cups of vegetable broth
  • 1/4 cup vermicelli or thin noodles
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • Lemon wedges for serving

Instructions:​

1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, celery, parsley, and cilantro. Sauté until the onion is soft and translucent.
  2. Add the chopped tomatoes, chickpeas, and lentils to the pot. Stir in the cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, letting the spices blend.
  3. Pour in the vegetable broth, bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover the pot and let it cook for about 45 minutes, or until the chickpeas and lentils are tender.
  4. Add the vermicelli to the pot and cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until the noodles are soft.
  5. Serve the soup hot with a squeeze of lemon juice on top for a fresh kick.
This soup is perfect for when you need something hearty and full of flavor. I’m sure you’ll love it as much as I did! 🍲🍋

View attachment 6046

I recently made Moroccan Harira Soup, and it quickly became a favorite. The combination of spices, tender chickpeas, and savory tomatoes creates such a comforting and flavorful dish. It’s the kind of soup that feels like a warm hug in a bowl.

Ingredients:​

• 1 cup dried chickpeas (soaked overnight)
  • 1/2 cup lentils
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
  • 1/4 cup chopped celery
  • 1/4 cup chopped parsley
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp ground turmeric
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 6 cups of vegetable broth
  • 1/4 cup vermicelli or thin noodles
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • Lemon wedges for serving

Instructions:​

1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, celery, parsley, and cilantro. Sauté until the onion is soft and translucent.
  2. Add the chopped tomatoes, chickpeas, and lentils to the pot. Stir in the cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, letting the spices blend.
  3. Pour in the vegetable broth, bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover the pot and let it cook for about 45 minutes, or until the chickpeas and lentils are tender.
  4. Add the vermicelli to the pot and cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until the noodles are soft.
  5. Serve the soup hot with a squeeze of lemon juice on top for a fresh kick.
This soup is perfect for when you need something hearty and full of flavor. I’m sure you’ll love it as much as I did! 🍲🍋
Hey guys! I think Harira is perfect for a chilly day, though making it with lamb really takes it to the next level. 🥣👌

This Moroccan Harira Soup looks incredibly flavorful and comforting! ✨ The blend of spices must make it so aromatic and delicious. Can’t wait to try this and experience a taste of Morocco at home! Thanks for sharing such a fantastic recipe!

Back