Moroccan Tagine

clintonbee

Novice Foodie
Tagine-istock-feature-image.jpg

I recently made this Moroccan Tagine, and it was a hit! The flavors are rich and comforting, perfect for a cozy dinner. Here's how you can make it too:

Ingredients:​

• 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 lb chicken thighs, cut into pieces
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup dried apricots, halved
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
  • Cooked couscous, for serving

Instructions:​

1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until it's soft and golden.
  2. Stir in the minced garlic, ground ginger, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, turmeric, and cayenne pepper. Cook for about a minute, until fragrant.
  3. Add the chicken pieces and cook until they are browned on all sides.
  4. Pour in the chicken broth and diced tomatoes, then add the dried apricots and raisins. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
  5. Cover the pot and let it cook for about 30 minutes, until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
  6. Stir in the chickpeas and season with salt and pepper. Let it cook for another 10 minutes.
  7. Serve the tagine over cooked couscous and garnish with fresh cilantro.
This tagine is full of delicious spices and sweet fruits, making every bite delightful. It's perfect for sharing with family and friends. Enjoy! 🍴

Oh, this sounds amazing! 🍲🌍 I’ve always wanted to try making something like this, but I feel like I might mess up all those spices 😆. Do you have any tips for getting that perfect balance of flavors? Can’t wait to give it a shot and pretend I’m on a Moroccan adventure while I cook. Thanks for sharing!

Wow, that sounds incredible! 😍 I love how the mix of spices and sweet fruits really makes a tagine special. I’ll definitely have to try this recipe—I’m sure it’ll be a hit at my next family dinner. Thanks for sharing! 🍗🌟

I made this recipe for a group of 8 people and it was absolutely DELICIOUS! :love::love: It was flavorful and moist, delicious!! Thank you for this amazingly yummy and easy recipe! (y)(y)

Back