Mouthwatering Crispy Pork Pata Recipe 🍖🔥

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hey foodies! I'm excited to share one of my all-time favorite Filipino recipes with you today: Crispy Pork Pata! This dish is a true crowd-pleaser, featuring tender pork leg slow-cooked until it's fall-off-the-bone tender, then deep-fried to crispy perfection. Here's how to make it:
Ingredients:
  • 1 pork pata (pork leg), about 3-4 pounds
  • 1 head garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 bay leaves
  • 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup vinegar
  • Water, enough to cover the pork pata
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Cooking oil for deep-frying
    1714183921226.jpeg
Instructions:
  1. Start by preparing the pork pata. Make sure it's cleaned thoroughly, with any excess hair removed. You can ask your butcher to do this for you if needed.
  2. In a large pot, combine the pork pata, minced garlic, chopped onion, bay leaves, whole peppercorns, soy sauce, and vinegar.
  3. Pour enough water into the pot to cover the pork pata completely. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
  4. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Let the pork pata simmer for about 2-3 hours or until it's tender. You can check for doneness by poking the meat with a fork—it should easily pierce through.
  5. Once the pork pata is tender, carefully remove it from the pot and let it cool slightly. Pat it dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
  6. Heat cooking oil in a deep fryer or large pot to 350°F (175°C).
  7. Gently lower the pork pata into the hot oil and fry it until it's golden brown and crispy, about 8-10 minutes.
  8. Once crispy, remove the pork pata from the oil and let it drain on a wire rack or paper towels.
  9. Allow the pork pata to cool for a few minutes before slicing it into serving portions.
  10. Serve your crispy pork pata hot with steamed rice and your favorite dipping sauce, like spicy vinegar or Mang Tomas liver sauce.
I hope you give this crispy pork pata recipe a try—it's a real showstopper and sure to impress your family and friends! Let me know if you have any questions or if you try any fun variations. Happy cooking! 🍖🔥👩‍🍳

Hey foodies! I'm excited to share one of my all-time favorite Filipino recipes with you today: Crispy Pork Pata! This dish is a true crowd-pleaser, featuring tender pork leg slow-cooked until it's fall-off-the-bone tender, then deep-fried to crispy perfection. Here's how to make it:
Ingredients:
  • 1 pork pata (pork leg), about 3-4 pounds
  • 1 head garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 bay leaves
  • 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup vinegar
  • Water, enough to cover the pork pata
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Cooking oil for deep-fryingView attachment 2496
Instructions:
  1. Start by preparing the pork pata. Make sure it's cleaned thoroughly, with any excess hair removed. You can ask your butcher to do this for you if needed.
  2. In a large pot, combine the pork pata, minced garlic, chopped onion, bay leaves, whole peppercorns, soy sauce, and vinegar.
  3. Pour enough water into the pot to cover the pork pata completely. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
  4. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Let the pork pata simmer for about 2-3 hours or until it's tender. You can check for doneness by poking the meat with a fork—it should easily pierce through.
  5. Once the pork pata is tender, carefully remove it from the pot and let it cool slightly. Pat it dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
  6. Heat cooking oil in a deep fryer or large pot to 350°F (175°C).
  7. Gently lower the pork pata into the hot oil and fry it until it's golden brown and crispy, about 8-10 minutes.
  8. Once crispy, remove the pork pata from the oil and let it drain on a wire rack or paper towels.
  9. Allow the pork pata to cool for a few minutes before slicing it into serving portions.
  10. Serve your crispy pork pata hot with steamed rice and your favorite dipping sauce, like spicy vinegar or Mang Tomas liver sauce.
I hope you give this crispy pork pata recipe a try—it's a real showstopper and sure to impress your family and friends! Let me know if you have any questions or if you try any fun variations. Happy cooking! 🍖🔥👩‍🍳
Yum, this Crispy Pork Pata recipe looks incredible! Can't wait to try it out for dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing!

Back