Mushroom Mapo Tofu

Caramellyy_

Culinary Explorer
Are you looking for a unique dish for your tofu? That has a a flavorful and unique to your taste? This is my recipe for mushroom mapo tofu. this has spicy bean paste, soft tofu, and Sichuan peppercorns. here's how to make it.

Ingredients:
  • 1 block (about 14 ounces) firm tofu, cubed
  • 2 cups mixed mushrooms (such as shiitake, cremini, and oyster), sliced
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-inch piece of ginger, minced
  • 2 green onions, chopped (white and green parts separated)
  • 2 tablespoons doubanjiang (Chinese fermented bean paste)
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1 cup vegetable broth or water
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
  • Cooked rice, for serving
  • Optional toppings: sliced green onions, sesame seeds, chili oil
Instructions:
  1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and white parts of the green onions. Stir-fry for about 1 minute until fragrant.
  2. Add the mixed mushrooms to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes until they begin to soften.
  3. Stir in the doubanjiang, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and sesame oil. Cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
  4. Add the cubed tofu to the skillet, gently stirring to coat it with the sauce.
  5. Pour in the vegetable broth or water and bring the mixture to a simmer. Let it cook for about 5-7 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
  6. Once the tofu is heated through and the sauce has thickened slightly, stir in the cornstarch mixture. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until the sauce has thickened to your desired consistency.
  7. Remove the skillet from heat and sprinkle the green parts of the green onions over the top.
  8. Serve the Mushroom Mapo Tofu hot over cooked rice. Garnish with optional toppings like sliced green onions, sesame seeds, or chili oil if desired.

I hope this dish brings you a warm and comfort feeling and hope you like it as much as I do! Let me know your thoughts 😉👌

mapo mushroom.jpg

Are you looking for a unique dish for your tofu? That has a a flavorful and unique to your taste? This is my recipe for mushroom mapo tofu. this has spicy bean paste, soft tofu, and Sichuan peppercorns. here's how to make it.

Ingredients:
  • 1 block (about 14 ounces) firm tofu, cubed
  • 2 cups mixed mushrooms (such as shiitake, cremini, and oyster), sliced
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-inch piece of ginger, minced
  • 2 green onions, chopped (white and green parts separated)
  • 2 tablespoons doubanjiang (Chinese fermented bean paste)
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1 cup vegetable broth or water
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
  • Cooked rice, for serving
  • Optional toppings: sliced green onions, sesame seeds, chili oil
Instructions:
  1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and white parts of the green onions. Stir-fry for about 1 minute until fragrant.
  2. Add the mixed mushrooms to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes until they begin to soften.
  3. Stir in the doubanjiang, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and sesame oil. Cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
  4. Add the cubed tofu to the skillet, gently stirring to coat it with the sauce.
  5. Pour in the vegetable broth or water and bring the mixture to a simmer. Let it cook for about 5-7 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
  6. Once the tofu is heated through and the sauce has thickened slightly, stir in the cornstarch mixture. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until the sauce has thickened to your desired consistency.
  7. Remove the skillet from heat and sprinkle the green parts of the green onions over the top.
  8. Serve the Mushroom Mapo Tofu hot over cooked rice. Garnish with optional toppings like sliced green onions, sesame seeds, or chili oil if desired.

I hope this dish brings you a warm and comfort feeling and hope you like it as much as I do! Let me know your thoughts 😉👌

View attachment 1555
Thanks for sharing the Mushroom Mapo Tofu recipe! It sounds like a flavorful and comforting dish, perfect for enjoying the combination of mushrooms and tofu in a savory sauce. Can't wait to cook up some tofu with mushrooms in a spicy and aromatic Mapo sauce. 🍄🌶️🥢

Wow, what a unique take on Mapo Tofu with mushrooms! 🍄 The combination of earthy mushrooms and the spicy kick of Mapo Tofu sauce sounds absolutely mouthwatering. Can't wait to try this out and add a new twist to my tofu dishes.

Back