🍄‍🟫 Mushroom-Taleggio Risotto ₊ ⊹

beni

Tasty Apprentice
There I was, feeling all fancy-schmancy, wanting to jazz up my evening with something extra special. 🌟 So, I gazed upon my collection of mushrooms and a hunk of Taleggio cheese, and suddenly, a brilliant idea struck! I envisioned a creamy, dreamy risotto that would make taste buds dance and hearts sing 𓀥🎶 it wasn't just about filling my belly; it was about creating a culinary masterpiece that would leave a lasting impression. And so, with a sizzle here and a waft of deliciousness there, I set out on a mission to share the joy of Mushroom-Taleggio Risotto with the world! 🍄🧀 Let the extraordinary feasting begin!

INGREDIENTS
mushroom.jpg
  • .5 ounces dry porcini mushrooms​
  • 1 cup boiling water​
  • 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, wiped clean and thinly sliced​
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided​
  • 1 leek, white and light green part only; trimmed, scrubbed thoroughly, and thinly sliced into half-moons​
  • 1 cup arborio rice​
  • 5–6 cups warm water or vegetable stock, more or less as needed​
  • 4 ounces Taleggio cheese, rind removed​
  • ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving​
  • 2 tablespoons finely minced parsley​
  • 1 lemon, juiced​
  • Sweet pea tendrils, optional, for serving​
  • Salt and pepper​
INSTRUCTIONS
Prepare the porcini mushrooms:
  1. Place the porcini mushrooms in a bowl. Pour 1 cup boiling water over the mushrooms and soak for 20 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the water and finely chop them. Reserve the soaking liquid for the risotto.​
Fry the cremini mushrooms:
  1. Place a large pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium. Add the sliced cremini mushrooms to the dry pot and cook, turning occasionally, for 8–10 minutes. The mushrooms will release water and begin to dry out.​
  2. Once all the liquid evaporates from the pot, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook for 8–10 minutes more, turning regularly, until browned and crisp. Season with salt and pepper.​
Cook the leek:
  1. Add the leek and chopped porcini mushrooms to the pot. Cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes until the leek softens.​
Toast the rice:
  1. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pot. Add the rice and cook for 2–3 minutes until it begins to toast. Season with salt and pepper.​
Begin adding liquid:
  1. Add the porcini soaking liquid and stir to incorporate and lift anything stuck to the bottom of the pot. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring periodically until the rice absorbs all the liquid.​
  2. Add warm water or vegetable stock in ladleful increments, stirring after each addition and adding more liquid once the rice absorbs what’s in the pot. Stir occasionally, but not constantly. You may need to adjust the heat between medium and medium-low to prevent the risotto from sticking.​
  3. After 20–25 minutes, the rice should be tender and the liquid creamy. You may need 4–5 cups of liquid, give or take. Taste and add more salt and pepper.​
Finish the risotto:
  1. Turn the heat to low. Add the Taleggio cheese and stir to incorporate. Continue stirring until the cheese melts completely. Add the Parmesan cheese, minced parsley, and lemon juice. Simmer for 2–3 minutes. Turn off the heat. Taste and season, and let the risotto stand for 5 minutes.​
To serve:
Spoon the risotto into a large serving bowl. Garnish with sweet pea tendrils and a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese if you like. Enjoy!​

Mushroom-Taleggio Risotto sounds absolutely divine! 🍄🧀 I bet the earthy flavor of the mushrooms pairs perfectly with the creamy richness of the Taleggio cheese. It's definitely going on my must-try list! Thanks for sharing!

Oh, this Mushroom-Taleggio Risotto recipe has my taste buds tingling already! 🤤 The earthy flavor of mushrooms combined with the creamy richness of Taleggio cheese sounds like a match made in culinary heaven. 🍄🧀 I can imagine the risotto turning out perfectly al dente, with each spoonful bursting with savory goodness. Can't wait to whip up a batch of this comforting dish for a cozy night in!

Yum! 😋 Mushroom-Taleggio Risotto is a creamy delight with earthy mushrooms and rich Taleggio cheese. It's pure comfort in a bowl! 🍄🧀🍚

Back