My monster cookies won't spread at all. What's up with that?

Klaire_Desteen

Culinary Explorer
Need some advice here! 🙏 My monster cookies just won't spread out in the oven. They stay thick and chunky. Is there a trick to getting that perfect spread? Any advice would be a lifesaver!

Need some advice here! 🙏 My monster cookies just won't spread out in the oven. They stay thick and chunky. Is there a trick to getting that perfect spread? Any advice would be a lifesaver!
Flat monster cookies? There are a few culprits: over-creamed butter, too much flour, or an oven that's not hot enough. Aim for softened (not melted) butter, measure flour carefully, and double-check your oven temperature for perfectly puffy cookies!

Hey, I feel your frustration! 🍪 Sometimes cookies not spreading can be due to the ratio of ingredients. Check if you're using enough butter or other fats in the recipe—they help with spreading. Also, make sure your oven temperature is accurate and that you're not overcrowding the baking sheet. Oh, and chilling the dough before baking can sometimes help too! Hopefully, these tips help you get those perfect monster cookies next time! 😊🍪

Hey! 🤔 If your monster cookies aren't spreading, try chilling the dough a bit before baking or reduce the flour slightly—sometimes it’s all about balance! Thanks for the advice! 🙌🍪

Back