My Own Version of Carrot Cake

TheAmericanNightmare

Novice Foodie
Hey guys! Just wanted to share my go-to carrot cake recipe with you all. It's super easy to make and always turns out moist and delicious. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

carrot cake.jpg

Ingredients:
CAKE

2cups all-purpose flour
2teaspoons baking powder
2teaspoons baking soda
2teaspoons ground cinnamon
¾teaspoon salt
3cups grated carrots (you can grate the carrots in a food processor fitted with a shredding blade)
1cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
1cup shredded coconut, sweetened or unsweetened
½cup moist, plump raisins (dark or golden) or dried cranberries
2cups sugar
1cup canola or safflower oil
4large eggs

FROSTING

8ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1pound (3¾ cups) confectioners' sugar
1tablespoon fresh lemon juice or ½ teaspoon pure lemon extract

Step by Step Instruction:
Step 1

Preheat the oven to 325°F and prepare three 9-inch round cake pans by greasing and flouring them.

Step 2
Combine dry ingredients and set aside. Mix carrots, nuts, coconut, and raisins in another bowl.

Step 3
Beat sugar and oil until smooth, then add eggs one by one. Gradually add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in chunky ingredients gently.

Step 4
Divide batter among pans and bake for 40-50 minutes. Cool in pans for 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.

Step 5
For frosting, beat cream cheese, butter, and sugar until smooth. Add lemon juice or extract.

Step 6
For coconut filling, mix coconut with half of the frosting.

Step 7
Frost layers, alternating with coconut filling if desired. Chill for 15 minutes to set frosting.

Step 8
Serve once the frosting is set, or store covered at room temperature for 2-3 days. It can also be frozen for up to 2 months.

Step 9
For longer storage, freeze-wrapped cake and defrost in the refrigerator overnight before serving.

Who's up for some homemade carrot cake goodness? This recipe never fails to impress, and it's perfect for any occasion. Enjoy baking, folks!

Hey folks! Your carrot cake recipe has got me drooling over here! 😋 Seriously though, it looks amazing. Can't wait to give it a shot and impress my friends with my baking skills. Thanks for sharing!

Back