My pozole verde turned out watery—what could I be doing wrong?

Lego

Culinary Explorer
My attempt at pozole verde was a bit of a letdown as it tasted watery. What could be causing this? Any advice on how to fix it would be great! 💧👩‍🍳

Sounds like your pozole verde needs a little thickening! :unsure: Try simmering it longer to evaporate liquid, or add a cornstarch slurry. Hope that helps! 😊

If your pozole verde turned out watery, you might have added too much broth or water, not simmered it long enough to allow the flavors to concentrate, or not used enough thickening ingredients like hominy or pureed vegetables. Adjusting these factors can help achieve a thicker consistency.👌

My attempt at pozole verde was a bit of a letdown as it tasted watery. What could be causing this? Any advice on how to fix it would be great! 💧👩‍🍳
If your pozole verde is watery, you might need to simmer it longer to reduce the liquid and concentrate the flavors. Also, ensure you're using enough hominy and cooking it adequately. Adjusting the seasoning and adding more ingredients like pureed beans or corn masa can also help thicken the broth.

It sounds like you might have added a bit too much liquid. Measuring the broth or water next time could definitely help. Try reducing it a bit and see if that thickens up your pozole verde to perfection! 🍲😊

Back