My Weeknight Miracle: One-Pot Creamy Tomato Pasta

Cora_Bates

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! You know how some nights you just want a delicious, comforting meal without the hassle? This one-pot creamy tomato pasta recipe is my absolute lifesaver for those busy weeknights.

The best part? It all comes together in one pot, which means minimal cleanup! Plus, the creamy tomato sauce is seriously addictive. I swear, it could turn even the pickiest eater into a tomato sauce fanatic.

one-pot Creamy Tomato Pasta.jpeg

Here's what you'll need:
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil (because a little goes a long way!)
  • 1 medium onion, diced (I like to chop mine nice and small)
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced (fresh garlic is the way to go!)
  • 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
  • 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained (gotta have that extra tomato goodness)
  • 1 cup heavy cream (or your favorite milk alternative, no judgment here!)
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (the more cheese, the merrier, in my opinion)
  • 1 pound dried pasta (penne or farfalle are my favorites, but any shape works!)
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste (adjust to your taste buds!)
  • Fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional, but pretty!)

How to whip it up:
  1. Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook until it's softened up, around 5 minutes. Then, throw in the minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds or so.
  2. Now comes the fun part: pour in the crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, heavy cream, and that glorious Parmesan cheese. Season it all with oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Bring it to a simmer and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Trust me, letting the sauce simmer helps those flavors develop and become truly magical.
  3. Next, add your pasta of choice to the pot and stir it around to coat it with the delicious sauce. Cook it according to the package directions, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente and the sauce has thickened a bit.
  4. Once it's all cooked and perfect, take it off the heat and, if you're feeling fancy, garnish it with some fresh basil leaves.
This one-pot wonder is pure comfort food magic. I seriously crave it all the time! Give it a try and let me know what you think! ;)

I can't wait to give this recipe a try and see how it turns out. It seems like the perfect dish to whip up when I'm craving something cozy and satisfying but don't want to spend hours in the kitchen. Thanks for sharing! 🤗🍅🌿

Wow! As magic as it is, I am sure that it is very creamy. Delicious and comforting, this pasta dish is pure perfection. Thanks for the share 🤯🤤

This recipe sounds like a winner for those busy weeknights! I love that it's a one-pot meal, making cleanup a breeze. Definitely adding this to my must-try list! 🍴😋

Oh lala, this sounds like the perfect solution for my busy weeknights! 🍅🍝 One-pot creamy tomato pasta? Count me in! Thanks a bunch for sharing this lifesaver recipe. Can't wait to give it a try! 🤩👩‍🍳

Back