Natchitoches Meat Pies

Wizzlylabsfud

Novice Foodie
Hi! I'm Wizzlylabsfud Me and my boyfriend made yummy Natchitoches Meat Pies. We had so much fun cooking together! Try it with someone you love too!:love::love:

Natchitoches Meat Pies.jpg

Ingredients​

• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil

• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour

• 1 onion, chopped

• 1 pound bulk pork sausage

• 1 pound ground beef

• 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning

• 1 pinch garlic powder

• 1 (15 ounce) package store-bought refrigerated pie dough, at room temperature

• 1 quart vegetable oil for deep frying

Directions​

1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat; whisk in flour, and cook until flour turns from white to a nutty brown color, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in onion and cook until transparent, about 5 minutes. Add meats and brown until no longer pink, 10 to 12 minutes; stir in Cajun seasoning and garlic powder; drain fat. Cool to room temperature.

2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Use a 5 inch diameter round cookie cutter or cut around a saucer to make a round of dough. Place a heaping tablespoon of meat filling in the center of each round. Fold dough over filling and seal edges closed by pressing with a fork or fingers. Repeat to make 15 pies, re-rolling dough scraps as needed.

3. Heat oil for frying in deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

4. Deep fry pies in small batches until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Or bake pies on greased cookie sheets in preheated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown

Make tasty pies with someone special! Have fun cooking!:love::love::love:

ground beef and pork in pies? My family would love this dish! I bet this more tasty if you serve and eat while still hot 😉😋

Yum, Natchitoches Meat Pies! 🥧🤤 Love the savory filling wrapped in that flaky pastry! Perfect for a quick snack or a meal on the go. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Can't wait to try making these at home! 🙌

Wow, Natchitoches Meat Pies are a true taste of Louisiana cuisine! 🎉🥧 Can't wait to try my hand at making these savory pies and enjoy their authentic flavors. Thanks for sharing this Southern gem!

Yum, Natchitoches Meat Pies! 🥧🤤 Love the savory filling wrapped in that flaky pastry! Perfect for a quick snack or a meal on the go. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Can't wait to try making these at home! 🙌
Agree! They're definitely a tasty treat with that savory filling nestled in a flaky pastry. Making them at home is such a fun adventure 🥰

Hi! I'm Wizzlylabsfud Me and my boyfriend made yummy Natchitoches Meat Pies. We had so much fun cooking together! Try it with someone you love too!:love::love:

View attachment 1438

Ingredients​

• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil

• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour

• 1 onion, chopped

• 1 pound bulk pork sausage

• 1 pound ground beef

• 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning

• 1 pinch garlic powder

• 1 (15 ounce) package store-bought refrigerated pie dough, at room temperature

• 1 quart vegetable oil for deep frying

Directions​

1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat; whisk in flour, and cook until flour turns from white to a nutty brown color, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in onion and cook until transparent, about 5 minutes. Add meats and brown until no longer pink, 10 to 12 minutes; stir in Cajun seasoning and garlic powder; drain fat. Cool to room temperature.

2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Use a 5 inch diameter round cookie cutter or cut around a saucer to make a round of dough. Place a heaping tablespoon of meat filling in the center of each round. Fold dough over filling and seal edges closed by pressing with a fork or fingers. Repeat to make 15 pies, re-rolling dough scraps as needed.

3. Heat oil for frying in deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

4. Deep fry pies in small batches until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Or bake pies on greased cookie sheets in preheated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown

Make tasty pies with someone special! Have fun cooking!:love::love::love:

Oh, I love Natchitoches Meat Pies! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Can't wait to try making them at home!

Back