Neapolitan Pizza Dough Recipe

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! ๐Ÿ‘‹

Iโ€™ve been on a pizza-making spree lately and I just had to share this Neapolitan Pizza Dough recipe with you all. Itโ€™s been a game changer for me! The crust comes out perfectly chewy with those beautiful air bubbles. Hereโ€™s how you can make it:

Ingredients:

• 4 cups (500g) '00' flour (you can find this at most specialty stores or online)
  • 1 1/2 cups (350ml) lukewarm water
  • 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • A pinch of sugar
Instructions:

1. Activate the Yeast:In a small bowl, combine the lukewarm water, active dry yeast, and a pinch of sugar. Let it sit for about 10 minutes until it becomes frothy.
  2. Mix the Dough:In a large bowl, combine the '00' flour and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the yeast mixture. Mix it together until it forms a dough.
  3. Knead the Dough:Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and knead it for about 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. This step is crucial for developing the gluten!
  4. First Rise:Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover it with a damp cloth, and let it rise in a warm place for about 2 hours or until it doubles in size.
  5. Shape the Dough:After the first rise, punch the dough down to release any air bubbles. Divide it into 4 equal portions and shape each into a ball. Let them rest for another 30 minutes.
  6. Preheat Your Oven:If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven and preheat it to the highest setting (usually around 500ยฐF or 260ยฐC). A hot oven is key to getting that perfect crust!
  7. Form the Pizzas:On a floured surface, gently stretch each dough ball into a 10-inch circle. Be careful not to deflate the air bubbles in the dough.
  8. Add Toppings:Top your dough with your favorite Neapolitan toppings. I love a classic Margherita with fresh tomato sauce, mozzarella, and basil. Remember, less is more!
  9. Bake:Transfer the pizza to the hot pizza stone and bake for about 7-10 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly and slightly charred.
  10. Enjoy:Slice it up and enjoy your homemade Neapolitan pizza with friends and family. Buon appetito! ๐Ÿ•
    Neapolitan Pizza Dough Recipe.jpg
Let me know if you try this recipe out and how it turns out for you. Happy pizza making!

Wow, this Neapolitan pizza dough recipe looks amazing! ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ‘Œ Love how simple and authentic it is. Can't wait to try it out this weekendโ€”thanks for sharing!

This Neapolitan Pizza Dough recipe is mouthwatering! I can practically taste the chewy crust and air bubbles already. Yum!

Hey everyone! ๐Ÿ‘‹

Iโ€™ve been on a pizza-making spree lately and I just had to share this Neapolitan Pizza Dough recipe with you all. Itโ€™s been a game changer for me! The crust comes out perfectly chewy with those beautiful air bubbles. Hereโ€™s how you can make it:

Ingredients:

• 4 cups (500g) '00' flour (you can find this at most specialty stores or online)
  • 1 1/2 cups (350ml) lukewarm water
  • 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • A pinch of sugar
Instructions:

1. Activate the Yeast:In a small bowl, combine the lukewarm water, active dry yeast, and a pinch of sugar. Let it sit for about 10 minutes until it becomes frothy.
  2. Mix the Dough:In a large bowl, combine the '00' flour and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the yeast mixture. Mix it together until it forms a dough.
  3. Knead the Dough:Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and knead it for about 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. This step is crucial for developing the gluten!
  4. First Rise:Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover it with a damp cloth, and let it rise in a warm place for about 2 hours or until it doubles in size.
  5. Shape the Dough:After the first rise, punch the dough down to release any air bubbles. Divide it into 4 equal portions and shape each into a ball. Let them rest for another 30 minutes.
  6. Preheat Your Oven:If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven and preheat it to the highest setting (usually around 500ยฐF or 260ยฐC). A hot oven is key to getting that perfect crust!
  7. Form the Pizzas:On a floured surface, gently stretch each dough ball into a 10-inch circle. Be careful not to deflate the air bubbles in the dough.
  8. Add Toppings:Top your dough with your favorite Neapolitan toppings. I love a classic Margherita with fresh tomato sauce, mozzarella, and basil. Remember, less is more!
  9. Bake:Transfer the pizza to the hot pizza stone and bake for about 7-10 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly and slightly charred.
  10. Enjoy:Slice it up and enjoy your homemade Neapolitan pizza with friends and family. Buon appetito! ๐Ÿ•View attachment 4802
Let me know if you try this recipe out and how it turns out for you. Happy pizza making!
This dough looks like a game-changer for homemade pizza nights! ๐Ÿ•

Back