Nonna's Famous Homemade Gnocchi

eihra520

Culinary Explorer
Ah, my dear friends, let me transport you back to the warm, inviting kitchen of my beloved Nonna 🤗 Nonna's gnocchi were so light and delicate, yet packed with incredible flavor. And now, it's my turn to share this cherished legacy with all of you. So, tie on your aprons and let's get started!

Nonna's Famous Homemade Gnocchi.jpg

Ingredients:

• 2 lbs russet potatoes
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg (optional, but highly recommended!)
For the Sauce:
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving

Instructions:
  1. Start by baking the potatoes at 400°F (200°C) until they're nice and tender, about 1 hour. Allow them to cool slightly, then peel and pass them through a ricer or a potato masher into a large bowl.
  2. Create a well in the center of the mashed potatoes and crack the egg into it. Sprinkle the salt and nutmeg over the top.
  3. Using a fork, start incorporating the flour into the potato mixture, a little at a time, until a soft, slightly sticky dough forms. Be careful not to overwork the dough!
  4. Lightly dust a clean surface with flour and turn the dough out onto it. Gently knead the dough for a minute or two, just until it comes together in a smooth ball.
  5. Divide the dough into 6-8 equal pieces and roll each piece into a long rope, about 1/2-inch thick.
  6. Using a sharp knife or a gnocchi board (if you have one), cut the ropes into 1-inch pieces, forming the classic gnocchi shape.
  7. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Gently drop the gnocchi into the boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until they float to the surface. Scoop them out with a slotted spoon and set aside.
  8. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant.
  9. Add the cooked gnocchi to the skillet and toss gently to coat them in the garlic butter.
  10. Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the fresh basil and grated Parmesan.
  11. Serve the gnocchi immediately, garnished with extra Parmesan and a sprinkle of freshly cracked black pepper.
And there you have it, dear ones 😍 A true taste of our family's legacy. As you savor each tender, flavorful bite, I hope you'll feel the warmth and love that went into this treasured recipe 😊

Ah, my dear friends, let me transport you back to the warm, inviting kitchen of my beloved Nonna 🤗 Nonna's gnocchi were so light and delicate, yet packed with incredible flavor. And now, it's my turn to share this cherished legacy with all of you. So, tie on your aprons and let's get started!

View attachment 1030

Ingredients:

• 2 lbs russet potatoes
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg (optional, but highly recommended!)
For the Sauce:
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving

Instructions:
  1. Start by baking the potatoes at 400°F (200°C) until they're nice and tender, about 1 hour. Allow them to cool slightly, then peel and pass them through a ricer or a potato masher into a large bowl.
  2. Create a well in the center of the mashed potatoes and crack the egg into it. Sprinkle the salt and nutmeg over the top.
  3. Using a fork, start incorporating the flour into the potato mixture, a little at a time, until a soft, slightly sticky dough forms. Be careful not to overwork the dough!
  4. Lightly dust a clean surface with flour and turn the dough out onto it. Gently knead the dough for a minute or two, just until it comes together in a smooth ball.
  5. Divide the dough into 6-8 equal pieces and roll each piece into a long rope, about 1/2-inch thick.
  6. Using a sharp knife or a gnocchi board (if you have one), cut the ropes into 1-inch pieces, forming the classic gnocchi shape.
  7. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Gently drop the gnocchi into the boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until they float to the surface. Scoop them out with a slotted spoon and set aside.
  8. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant.
  9. Add the cooked gnocchi to the skillet and toss gently to coat them in the garlic butter.
  10. Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the fresh basil and grated Parmesan.
  11. Serve the gnocchi immediately, garnished with extra Parmesan and a sprinkle of freshly cracked black pepper.
And there you have it, dear ones 😍 A true taste of our family's legacy. As you savor each tender, flavorful bite, I hope you'll feel the warmth and love that went into this treasured recipe 😊
Want to meet your Nonna someday for this delicious recipe! Please say thanks in my behalf :love:

Wow, your Nonna's homemade gnocchi recipe sounds like a taste of pure nostalgia! I can almost imagine the comforting aroma in the kitchen. I can't wait to try making these light and flavorful gnocchi myself🍽️👩‍🍳

Wow, your Nonna's homemade gnocchi recipe sounds like a taste of pure nostalgia! I can almost imagine the comforting aroma in the kitchen. I can't wait to try making these light and flavorful gnocchi myself🍽️👩‍🍳
Lastly, I think serving Nonna's Famous Homemade Gnocchi with a simple tomato sauce or melted butter and sage is a classic choice that lets the flavor of the pasta shine. Though it's tempting to load it up with toppings, sometimes simplicity is key. 🍅

Back