Oat Milk Recipe

Oniokitty

Novice Foodie
Hey everyone! I've been experimenting with making my own oat milk at home, and it's surprisingly easy and delicious. Here's how I make it:
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
  • 4 cups water (plus more for soaking)
  • Optional: Sweeteners like maple syrup, honey, or dates to taste
  • Optional: Pinch of salt
  • Optional: Vanilla extract for flavor
Instructions:
  1. Soak the oats: Place the rolled oats in a bowl and cover with water. Let them soak for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight. This helps soften the oats for blending.
  2. Blend: After soaking, drain and rinse the oats thoroughly. Transfer them to a blender along with 4 cups of fresh water. Blend on high speed for about 30-45 seconds until smooth and creamy.
  3. Strain: Place a nut milk bag, cheesecloth, or fine-mesh sieve over a large bowl or pitcher. Pour the blended oat mixture into the bag or sieve, allowing the liquid to strain through. Use a spoon to press out as much liquid as possible.
  4. Sweeten (if desired): If you like your oat milk sweetened, return the strained milk to the blender and add your preferred sweetener to taste. Blend again briefly to combine.
  5. Store: Transfer the oat milk to a glass jar or bottle with a lid and store it in the refrigerator. It should keep for about 4-5 days.
    oat milk recipe.jpg
Tips: Shake well before each use as homemade oat milk may separate. Use it in coffee, tea, smoothies, or as a dairy-free substitute in recipes!
I hope you enjoy making and using your homemade oat milk as much as I do. Let me know if you have any questions or if you've tried any variations that worked well for you! Happy blending! 🌾🥛

Quick Tips:
  • Adjust Thickness: Use less water for creamier milk, or more water for a thinner consistency. 🥛💧
  • No Soaking Option: If you’re in a hurry, you can skip the soaking step, but expect a slightly different texture. ⏱️✨

Hey everyone! I've been experimenting with making my own oat milk at home, and it's surprisingly easy and delicious. Here's how I make it:
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
  • 4 cups water (plus more for soaking)
  • Optional: Sweeteners like maple syrup, honey, or dates to taste
  • Optional: Pinch of salt
  • Optional: Vanilla extract for flavor
Instructions:
  1. Soak the oats: Place the rolled oats in a bowl and cover with water. Let them soak for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight. This helps soften the oats for blending.
  2. Blend: After soaking, drain and rinse the oats thoroughly. Transfer them to a blender along with 4 cups of fresh water. Blend on high speed for about 30-45 seconds until smooth and creamy.
  3. Strain: Place a nut milk bag, cheesecloth, or fine-mesh sieve over a large bowl or pitcher. Pour the blended oat mixture into the bag or sieve, allowing the liquid to strain through. Use a spoon to press out as much liquid as possible.
  4. Sweeten (if desired): If you like your oat milk sweetened, return the strained milk to the blender and add your preferred sweetener to taste. Blend again briefly to combine.
  5. Store: Transfer the oat milk to a glass jar or bottle with a lid and store it in the refrigerator. It should keep for about 4-5 days.View attachment 4507
Tips: Shake well before each use as homemade oat milk may separate. Use it in coffee, tea, smoothies, or as a dairy-free substitute in recipes!
I hope you enjoy making and using your homemade oat milk as much as I do. Let me know if you have any questions or if you've tried any variations that worked well for you! Happy blending! 🌾🥛
Just made this oat milk recipe and it turned out amazing! So creamy and delicious, definitely going to be a staple in my kitchen. 🥛🌾

Back