Octopus carpaccio

Prel

Culinary Explorer
Octopus carpaccio.jpg

I just remembered one of my saturday morning, I was so happy and decided to cook... and since we are in the beach back then, I cooked dish that was a good meal for that occasion

Octopus carpaccio

Ingredients

2 kilos octopus, cleaned
60 g vinegar, of red wine
100 g red wine
1 teaspoon(s) allspice berries
1 teaspoon(s) coriander, seeds
1 teaspoon(s) peppercorns
2 bay leaves
8 g gelatin sheets

1 Put the octopus into a bowl and add the vinegar, the wine, the allspice, the coriander, the peppercorns, the bay leaves, and mix well.
2 Set aside for 1 hour to marinate it.
3 Preheat the oven to 170ο C (340ο F) set to fan.
4 Wrap the octopus into parchment paper and aluminum foil, add the marinade in, transfer to a baking pan and roast for 2 hours.
5 In a bowl add the gelatins, plenty of cold water, and set them aside to soften.
6 Remove the octopus from the baking pan and transfer the liquid to a saucepan. Add the gelatins very well drained and stir very well until the gelatins melt. Ideally, 200 g of the liquid will have remained. If half of it is left, then you will have to reduce the quantity of the gelatins too.
7 Take a disposable paper cup and add in 2 pieces of plastic wrap, in a crisscross manner.
8 Place the tentacles vertically until the whole cup is filled. Fill with the liquid with the gelatins, cover with the plastic wrap, and freeze it until it chills well.
9 Cut into very thin slices and serve with rocket, capers, salt, pepper, and olive oil.

Bon appétit, my fellow food enthusiasts! Hope you try my recipe!

Just tried this Octopus Carpaccio recipe and I'm blown away! The thinly sliced octopus paired with tangy lemon, peppery arugula, and a drizzle of olive oil is absolute perfection. It's light, refreshing, and bursting with flavor. Definitely a must-try for seafood lovers! 🐙🍋🌿

Bon appétit indeed! Your Octopus Carpaccio sounds like a delightful dish for a beach day. 🏖️ I'll definitely give it a try!😉

I'm curious about octopus carpaccio! 🤔🐙 The thought of thinly sliced octopus drizzled with olive oil, lemon, and maybe some herbs sounds intriguing. It seems like a dish that would showcase the delicate flavor of the octopus in a fresh and elegant way!

View attachment 678

I just remembered one of my saturday morning, I was so happy and decided to cook... and since we are in the beach back then, I cooked dish that was a good meal for that occasion

Octopus carpaccio

Ingredients

2 kilos octopus, cleaned
60 g vinegar, of red wine
100 g red wine
1 teaspoon(s) allspice berries
1 teaspoon(s) coriander, seeds
1 teaspoon(s) peppercorns
2 bay leaves
8 g gelatin sheets

1 Put the octopus into a bowl and add the vinegar, the wine, the allspice, the coriander, the peppercorns, the bay leaves, and mix well.
2 Set aside for 1 hour to marinate it.
3 Preheat the oven to 170ο C (340ο F) set to fan.
4 Wrap the octopus into parchment paper and aluminum foil, add the marinade in, transfer to a baking pan and roast for 2 hours.
5 In a bowl add the gelatins, plenty of cold water, and set them aside to soften.
6 Remove the octopus from the baking pan and transfer the liquid to a saucepan. Add the gelatins very well drained and stir very well until the gelatins melt. Ideally, 200 g of the liquid will have remained. If half of it is left, then you will have to reduce the quantity of the gelatins too.
7 Take a disposable paper cup and add in 2 pieces of plastic wrap, in a crisscross manner.
8 Place the tentacles vertically until the whole cup is filled. Fill with the liquid with the gelatins, cover with the plastic wrap, and freeze it until it chills well.
9 Cut into very thin slices and serve with rocket, capers, salt, pepper, and olive oil.

Bon appétit, my fellow food enthusiasts! Hope you try my recipe!
What a wonderful dish that is! Really an octopulicious :love:

Back