Octopus in Garlic-Lemon Olive Oil

eihra520

Culinary Explorer
Octo-lovers unite! 🙌 This Garlic-Lemon Olive Oil Octopus is amazing & crazy easy. Forget fancy, this is flavortown at home. I'll show you the ropes, promise it's delicious! 😋

Octopus in Garlic-Lemon Olive Oil.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb octopus, cleaned and tentacles separated
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 lemon, halved
  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 6 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional, for a little kick)
  • 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Crusty bread for serving (optional)

Instructions:
  1. First things first, let's tenderize that octopus! Place it in a large pot and cover it with water. Toss in the bay leaf and one of the lemon halves, then bring the water to a boil. Reduce the heat and let the octopus simmer for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until it's fork-tender. Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
  2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes (if using), and sauté for a minute or two until fragrant, being careful not to burn the garlic.
  3. Add the cooked octopus tentacles to the skillet and toss them in the garlic-infused olive oil. Squeeze in the juice from the remaining lemon half and give everything a good stir.
  4. Continue cooking the octopus for about 5-7 minutes, occasionally basting it with the flavorful olive oil mixture. The octopus will soak up all those delicious flavors and become even more tender and succulent.
  5. Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the fresh parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  6. Transfer the octopus to a serving plate or platter, making sure to drizzle all that heavenly garlic-lemon olive oil over the top.
  7. Serve this Mediterranean masterpiece warm or at room temperature, accompanied by some crusty bread for sopping up all those incredible flavors.
There you have it, seafood lovers – a taste of the Mediterranean that's sure to satisfy your taste buds! One taste and you'll be practically hearing ocean waves crash! Give it a try and let me know what you think - I bet you'll love it! 😉😊

Octo-lovers unite! 🙌 This Garlic-Lemon Olive Oil Octopus is amazing & crazy easy. Forget fancy, this is flavortown at home. I'll show you the ropes, promise it's delicious! 😋

2048×1535
617.9 kB

View attachment 877

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb octopus, cleaned and tentacles separated
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 lemon, halved
  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 6 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional, for a little kick)
  • 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Crusty bread for serving (optional)

Instructions:
  1. First things first, let's tenderize that octopus! Place it in a large pot and cover it with water. Toss in the bay leaf and one of the lemon halves, then bring the water to a boil. Reduce the heat and let the octopus simmer for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until it's fork-tender. Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
  2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes (if using), and sauté for a minute or two until fragrant, being careful not to burn the garlic.
  3. Add the cooked octopus tentacles to the skillet and toss them in the garlic-infused olive oil. Squeeze in the juice from the remaining lemon half and give everything a good stir.
  4. Continue cooking the octopus for about 5-7 minutes, occasionally basting it with the flavorful olive oil mixture. The octopus will soak up all those delicious flavors and become even more tender and succulent.
  5. Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the fresh parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  6. Transfer the octopus to a serving plate or platter, making sure to drizzle all that heavenly garlic-lemon olive oil over the top.
  7. Serve this Mediterranean masterpiece warm or at room temperature, accompanied by some crusty bread for sopping up all those incredible flavors.
There you have it, seafood lovers – a taste of the Mediterranean that's sure to satisfy your taste buds! One taste and you'll be practically hearing ocean waves crash! Give it a try and let me know what you think - I bet you'll love it! 😉😊

Dude, this Octopus in Garlic-Lemon Olive Oil is legit!🐙🔥

Back