Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe

flavorfanatic05

Novice Foodie
I'm here to share my love for the Old Fashioned, a cocktail that's both simple and sophisticated. It's a timeless classic that's perfect for sipping on a cozy evening or serving at a gathering. Here's how I make mine:

Ingredients:

• 1 sugar cube or 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 2-3 dashes Angostura bitters
  • 1 teaspoon water
  • 2 ounces bourbon or rye whiskey
  • Orange peel for garnish
  • Cherry (optional)
Instructions:

1. Muddle: In an Old Fashioned glass (or any sturdy rocks glass), muddle the sugar cube (or sugar) with the bitters and water until the sugar is dissolved.
  2. Whiskey: Add the whiskey and stir gently to combine.
  3. Ice: Fill the glass with ice cubes.
  4. Garnish: Express the oils from the orange peel over the drink by twisting it gently, then add the peel to the glass. You can also add a cherry if you like.
Tips:

• Quality ingredients: Use a good quality bourbon or rye whiskey and fresh Angostura bitters for the best flavor.
  • Experiment: Try using different types of sugar (like demerara or brown sugar) or bitters to create your own unique twist on the Old Fashioned.
  • Chill your glass: For an extra cold drink, chill your glass in the freezer for a few minutes before making the cocktail.
Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe.jpg

The Old Fashioned is a versatile drink that can be enjoyed by both seasoned cocktail connoisseurs and those new to the world of mixology. Cheers!

I totally agree about using quality ingredients—makes such a difference. I've been experimenting with maple syrup instead of sugar lately, and it adds a nice depth. 😉👌🙂✨

Your Old Fashioned cocktail recipe is spot on! 🥃 Love how you've captured that classic flavor. Cheers to you for sharing this gem!

I remember trying an Old Fashioned for the first time at a speakeasy downtown. The bartender took his time muddling the sugar with bitters—such a classic touch. The aroma of orange zest added a perfect citrusy note. 🍊

Back