One Pot Beef and Rice

Xerxes

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, so this morning I decided to take on a kitchen challenge: One-Pot Beef and Rice. Sounds fancy, right? But trust me, it's way easier than it sounds. Here's how I nailed it!

One pot beef and rice.jpg

Ingredients:
  • Short grain rice (soaked with 2 cups of water prior to cooking)
  • Thinly sliced beef (preferably chuck cuts with lots of marbling and fat)
  • Corn (frozen or canned)
  • White onion
  • Ginger
  • Garlic
  • Unsalted butter
  • Soy sauce
  • Mirin (optional)
  • Oyster sauce
  • Black pepper
  • Green onions

Instructions:
    1. Despite the morning hurdles, I managed to soak my short grain rice in 2 cups of water. While it softened, I tackled the thinly slicing of the beef, chopping of the white onion, mincing of the ginger and garlic, and slicing up those vibrant green onions.
    2. In a moment of culinary triumph, I melted some unsalted butter over medium heat and bravely tossed in my sliced beef, determined to conquer the searing process.
    3. With a flourish, I added the chopped white onion, minced ginger, and garlic, determined to infuse every morsel of beef with flavor despite the obstacles.
    4. Summoning all my kitchen prowess :ROFLMAO:, I drained the soaked rice and added it to the pot, ensuring each grain was coated in the triumphant mixture.
    5. With a flourish worthy of a kitchen hero, I poured in the soy sauce, a splash of mirin (for those who dared), a dollop of oyster sauce, and a sprinkle of black pepper, determined to create a symphony of flavors.
    6. I added the corn—be it frozen or canned—into the mix, knowing it would bring a touch of sweetness to my triumphant creation.
    7. I reduced the heat to low, covered the pot, and let everything simmer away, confident that victory was within reach.
    8. As the aroma of success filled the kitchen, I sprinkled those sliced green onions on top, adding a final flourish to my masterpiece.
    9. And then I grabbed a spoon and savored every bite of my triumphant creation, knowing that even in the face of adversity, deliciousness prevailed!

And there you have it, my version of One Pot Beef and Rice, hope you'll like it :)

Thanks for sharing your One Pot Beef and Rice recipe! It's always great to have simple yet tasty dishes in the repertoire, especially ones that minimize cleanup. I can already imagine the savory flavors melding together in one delicious pot. Can't wait to try it out for a quick and satisfying meal!

Thanks for sharing your One Pot Beef and Rice recipe! It's always great to have simple yet tasty dishes in the repertoire, especially ones that minimize cleanup. I can already imagine the savory flavors melding together in one delicious pot. Can't wait to try it out for a quick and satisfying meal!
You're welcome! I'm glad you're excited to try it out.

This would be more tastier if you add a runny egg on top 😋😉 They would be a perfect match!
Hey! Thanks for the tasty suggestion! Adding a runny egg on top of the beef and rice sounds like a great idea. It'll make it even more delicious and perfect! Can't wait to give it a try! 😋🍳

Hey! Thanks for the tasty suggestion! Adding a runny egg on top of the beef and rice sounds like a great idea. It'll make it even more delicious and perfect! Can't wait to give it a try! 😋🍳
Please give it a try :) it's definetly worth it!

Back