One-Pot Shawarma Chicken & Orzo Skillet 🐥

SkrillexAoki

Novice Foodie
Supp! It is now summer time and I would like to share this dish of mine that I made yesterday. This is my first time trying this but I think I perfectly made it since my family adored it :cool:

This dish is called One-Pot Shawarma Chicken & Orzo Skillet. Yes, you heart it right, it is a one pot meal :ROFLMAO: Easy, fast and worth it to make ;)
One Pot.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon shawarma seasoning blend
  • 1 cup orzo pasta
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1 cup diced cucumber
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
  1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced onion and minced garlic, sauté until fragrant and softened, about 2-3 minutes.
  2. Add the bite-sized chicken pieces to the skillet. Sprinkle shawarma seasoning blend over the chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes.
  3. Stir in the orzo pasta until it's well coated with the oil and spices.
  4. Pour in the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the skillet, and let it cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until the orzo is cooked through and most of the liquid is absorbed.
  5. Once the orzo is cooked, stir in the halved cherry tomatoes, diced cucumber, chopped parsley, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  6. Let the skillet cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing the tomatoes to soften slightly and the flavors to meld together.
  7. Remove the skillet from the heat. Serve the Shawarma Chicken & Orzo Skillet warm, garnished with optional toppings like crumbled feta cheese, sliced olives, and chopped mint leaves.

Keep it mind that this recipe is my first time doing this :) Feel free to pour your suggestions in this thread because it will also help me as well :ROFLMAO:

As a foodie who loves Middle Eastern flavors, this dish sounds like a delightful fusion of spices and comfort. Imagining tender, flavorful chicken combined with hearty orzo in one pot—it's convenience and deliciousness all in one. Thanks for sharing this enticing recipe—I'm already dreaming of the aromatic journey my taste buds are about to embark on! 🍗🥘🌿

Count me in! Im gonna cook this tonight <3

This one is new to me, Thanks for sharing this recipe and I'm sure that my family will adore it too. Haha😁

ok I'll make this tonight! it's so nice to share this with my family after a long tiring day! thanks for sharing this ☺️

Back