Ox Tripe Curry Recipe: A Spicy and Aromatic Delight

byang05

Culinary Explorer
Ox Tripe Curry- A Spicy and Aromatic Delight.jpeg

Hey everyone!

If you're a fan of bold flavors and hearty meals, you'll love this Ox Tripe Curry! Tender ox tripe cooked in a rich and fragrant curry sauce, this dish is sure to tantalize your taste buds and leave you wanting more. It's the perfect balance of spice, warmth, and comfort in every bite.

Ingredients:

• 1 lb ox tripe, cleaned and cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
  • 2 tomatoes, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons curry powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (adjust to taste)
  • 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
  • Cooked rice or naan, for serving
Instructions:

1. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until softened and translucent.
  2. Stir in the minced garlic and grated ginger, and cook for another minute until fragrant.
  3. Add the ox tripe pieces to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are lightly browned.
  4. Mix in the chopped tomatoes, curry powder, ground turmeric, ground cumin, ground coriander, and chili powder. Cook for a few minutes until the tomatoes start to break down and the spices are fragrant.
  5. Pour in the coconut milk and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and let it cook, covered, for about 1-2 hours or until the ox tripe is tender.
  6. Once the ox tripe is tender, taste the curry and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper as needed.
  7. Serve the Ox Tripe Curry hot, garnished with chopped fresh cilantro. Enjoy it with some cooked rice or naan bread on the side.
  8. Dive into this spicy and aromatic dish and let the flavors transport you to culinary bliss!

I hope you enjoy making and savoring this flavorful Ox Tripe Curry! <3

Wow, your Ox Tripe Curry recipe sounds like a flavor-packed adventure! I can almost smell the aromatic spices through the screen. Can't wait to give it a try and experience the spicy delight! Thanks for sharing! 🌶️ 🍛

Woah, this Ox Tripe Curry looks super interesting 😯 I'm a huge fan of bold flavors, so this definitely caught my eye ..Thanks for sharing this unique dish! Lemme try this ;)

Ox tripe curry? Now that's a bold and aromatic dish that's sure to awaken the senses! 🍛🌶️ Indulge in the tender texture of ox tripe bathed in a spicy curry sauce, creating a flavor-packed culinary adventure that's as satisfying as it is unforgettable!

Back