Palia Sushi Recipe

bhella

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone,

I wanted to share my favorite Palia sushi recipe with you all. It’s a fun and delicious twist on traditional sushi, and I think you'll love it as much as I do. Perfect for a weekend cooking project or impressing your friends at a dinner party!
Palia Sushi Recipe.jpg

Ingredients:

• 2 cups sushi rice
  • 2 1/2 cups water
  • 1/4 cup rice vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • Nori sheets (seaweed)
  • 1 fresh tuna fillet (sashimi-grade)
  • 1 fresh salmon fillet (sashimi-grade)
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 1 cucumber
  • Pickled ginger
  • Soy sauce
  • Wasabi
  • Sesame seeds
Instructions:

1. Cook the Rice: Rinse 2 cups of sushi rice under cold water until the water runs clear. Combine the rice with 2 1/2 cups of water in a rice cooker. Once it's done, let it cool for a bit.
  2. Season the Rice: In a small bowl, mix 1/4 cup rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt. Microwave for about 30 seconds to dissolve the sugar and salt. Pour this mixture over the cooked rice and gently mix. Let the rice cool to room temperature.
  3. Prepare the Fillings: Slice the tuna and salmon into thin strips. Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and slice it thinly. Peel the cucumber and cut it into thin matchsticks.
  4. Assemble the Sushi: Lay a sheet of nori on a bamboo sushi mat, shiny side down. Wet your fingers with water (to prevent sticking) and spread a thin layer of rice over the nori, leaving about an inch at the top edge.
  5. Add Fillings: Place a few strips of tuna, salmon, avocado, and cucumber in a line across the center of the rice. Be careful not to overfill!
  6. Roll It Up: Using the bamboo mat, carefully roll the sushi away from you, applying gentle pressure to keep it tight. Wet the top edge of the nori with a bit of water to seal the roll.
  7. Slice and Serve: Using a sharp knife, slice the roll into bite-sized pieces. Clean the knife with a wet cloth between cuts to keep it clean.
  8. Garnish and Enjoy: Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top, and serve with pickled ginger, soy sauce, and wasabi.
And there you have it, my go-to Palia sushi recipe! It's a bit of a process but totally worth it. Let me know if you give it a try or if you have any tweaks or suggestions. Happy rolling!

Wow, that sounds delicious! 😋 Making Palia sushi at home is such a fun project. 🍣 I love how customizable it is with different fillings. Can't wait to give this recipe a try and impress my friends!

Wow, this Palia Sushi recipe looks delicious! 🍣 Can't wait to make it for dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing! 😊

Back