Pecan Sugar Cookies Recipe With Brown Butter Icing

MashaBear

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! Just tried these Pecan Sugar Cookies with Brown Butter Icing, and they are a total game-changer! 🍪✨ The brown butter icing is to die for, and those pecans on top? Perfection! 🤤🙌 If you're looking to impress with a sweet treat, give these a go. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you! 😋

Pecan Sugar Cookies with Brown Butter Icing​

Pecan Sugar Cookies Recipe With .jpg

Ingredients:

Cookies:

• 2 cups (283g) all-purpose flour (scoop and level)
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup (210g) packed light brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup pecans, toasted, cooled, and chopped
Brown Sugar Icing:

• 3/4 cup (160g) packed light brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp (90ml) half and half
  • 3 Tbsp (42g) unsalted butter, diced
  • 1 1/2 cups (186g) powdered sugar, sifted
  • 28 pecan halves (toasted or untoasted) for topping
Instructions:

1. Preheat Oven: Set your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
  2. Prepare Dry Ingredients: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
  3. Mix Wet Ingredients: In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
  4. Combine Ingredients: Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing just until combined. Stir in the chopped pecans.
  5. Shape Dough: Scoop dough into balls (about 1 1/2 tablespoons each) and place them 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
  6. Bake: Bake for about 9 minutes, until the tops look slightly under-baked. Let cool on the pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
  7. Prepare Icing: In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, half and half, and butter to a boil, stirring constantly. Continue boiling for 3 minutes while whisking. Remove from heat and stir in the powdered sugar. Let cool for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until it starts to thicken. If needed, thin with 1 tsp of hot water at a time.
  8. Frost Cookies: Frost the cooled cookies with the icing and immediately place a pecan half on each before the icing sets.
  9. Store: Keep cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. Enjoy!
PS: Just had to share—these Pecan Sugar Cookies with Brown Butter Icing are seriously next-level! 🍪😍 The icing is ridiculously good, and the pecans add the perfect crunch. If you're into cookies that wow, you’ve got to try these!

The cookies were delicious and moist. I got a ton of compliments at my son’s birthday party (from adults and kids alike)! 😅😅 I did and made the recipe as written.👌👍

The cookies were delicious and moist. I got a ton of compliments at my son’s birthday party (from adults and kids alike)! 😅😅 I did and made the recipe as written.👌👍
That's fantastic to hear! 🎉 I'm so glad the cookies were a hit at the party! 😊 Thanks for sharing and for sticking to the recipe! 👌👍

Hey everyone! Just tried these Pecan Sugar Cookies with Brown Butter Icing, and they are a total game-changer! 🍪✨ The brown butter icing is to die for, and those pecans on top? Perfection! 🤤🙌 If you're looking to impress with a sweet treat, give these a go. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you! 😋

Pecan Sugar Cookies with Brown Butter Icing​

View attachment 5090

Ingredients:

Cookies:

• 2 cups (283g) all-purpose flour (scoop and level)
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup (210g) packed light brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup pecans, toasted, cooled, and chopped
Brown Sugar Icing:

• 3/4 cup (160g) packed light brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp (90ml) half and half
  • 3 Tbsp (42g) unsalted butter, diced
  • 1 1/2 cups (186g) powdered sugar, sifted
  • 28 pecan halves (toasted or untoasted) for topping
Instructions:

1. Preheat Oven: Set your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
  2. Prepare Dry Ingredients: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
  3. Mix Wet Ingredients: In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
  4. Combine Ingredients: Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing just until combined. Stir in the chopped pecans.
  5. Shape Dough: Scoop dough into balls (about 1 1/2 tablespoons each) and place them 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
  6. Bake: Bake for about 9 minutes, until the tops look slightly under-baked. Let cool on the pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
  7. Prepare Icing: In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, half and half, and butter to a boil, stirring constantly. Continue boiling for 3 minutes while whisking. Remove from heat and stir in the powdered sugar. Let cool for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until it starts to thicken. If needed, thin with 1 tsp of hot water at a time.
  8. Frost Cookies: Frost the cooled cookies with the icing and immediately place a pecan half on each before the icing sets.
  9. Store: Keep cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. Enjoy!
PS: Just had to share—these Pecan Sugar Cookies with Brown Butter Icing are seriously next-level! 🍪😍 The icing is ridiculously good, and the pecans add the perfect crunch. If you're into cookies that wow, you’ve got to try these!
Brown butter icing on pecan sugar cookies? I'm already drooling! Can't wait to try this combo. 😍🍪

Yum! 😋 These pecan sugar cookies with brown butter icing sound amazing! Can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing! 🍪✨

Back