Peking Duck & Dim Sum Recipe

Daemon09

Novice Foodie
Hi there, do you love Chinese food? I want to share a Peking Duck & Dim Sum recipe that was thought to me by my Chinese friends. So here it goes 😋
Forbidden-Duck-flatlay-1 (1).jpg

Peking Duck Recipe​

Ingredients:​

• 1 whole duck (around 5-6 pounds)
  • 3 tablespoons maltose or honey
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Chinese five-spice powder
  • 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
  • Salt (for seasoning)
  • Thin pancakes (to serve)

Instructions:​

1. Preparation:
    • Clean and pat dry the duck. Remove excess fat from the cavity.
    • Use a pump or syringe to pump air between the skin and the flesh to separate them.
    • Hang the duck to dry for several hours or overnight in the refrigerator, uncovered.
  2. Roasting:
    • Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
    • Mix maltose (or honey), soy sauce, hoisin sauce, Chinese five-spice powder, and rice vinegar in a bowl.
    • Brush the duck with this mixture inside and out. Season with salt.
    • Roast the duck for about 2 hours, turning and basting with the sauce every 30 minutes until the skin is crispy and brown.
  3. Serving:
    • Let the duck rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.
    • Serve with thin pancakes, sliced cucumbers, scallions, and hoisin sauce.

Dim Sum Recipe (Shumai)​

Ingredients:​

• 1/2 pound ground pork
  • 1/4 pound shrimp, finely chopped
  • 2-3 water chestnuts, finely chopped
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
  • Wonton wrappers
  • Green peas or carrots (for garnish)

Instructions:​

1. Filling:
    • In a bowl, combine ground pork, chopped shrimp, water chestnuts, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, sugar, and white pepper. Mix well.
  2. Assembly:
    • Take a wonton wrapper and place a spoonful of filling in the center.
    • Gather up the sides of the wrapper around the filling, leaving the top open.
    • Press the edges together to seal and gently flatten the bottom to create a flat base.
    • Place a green pea or carrot bit on top for decoration.
  3. Steaming:
    • Arrange the shumai in a steamer lined with parchment paper or cabbage leaves.
    • Steam over boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.
  4. Serving:
    • Serve hot with soy sauce or chili sauce for dipping.
Enjoy your homemade Peking Duck and Dim Sum! These dishes are perfect for sharing and enjoying with family and friends.

Your Peking Duck & Dim Sum recipe sounds like a culinary adventure! 🦆🥟 Combining the crispy goodness of Peking duck with the delicate flavors of dim sum is such a delightful idea. I can't wait to try making this unique fusion dish at home. Thanks for sharing this exciting recipe with us! 🌟

Wow, Peking Duck and Dim Sum at home? That's amazing :love: Those crispy duck skins look incredible, and the shumai filling sounds super flavorful.. Thanks for sharing these recipes with us 🤗

Back