Perfect Comfort Food Recipe

Angelcake123

Novice Foodie
Hello food lovers!

I discovered a perfect comfort food recipe. I really appreciate this dish. I first tasted in my friend's house, and I tried cooking this at home. Now, it's like a staple in every dinner. This is classic beef and mushroom and smashed potato.

Ingredients:

View attachment 149
  • 1 pound beef sirloin, cut into thin strips
  • 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
  • 4 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and quartered
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
Instructions:

1. Prepare the Potatoes:
    • Place the quartered potatoes in a pot of salted water and bring to a boil.
    • Cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
    • Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot.
    • Using a fork or potato masher, gently smash the potatoes until they are slightly flattened but still chunky.
    • Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
  2. Cook the Beef and Mushrooms:
    • In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
    • Add minced garlic and chopped onion, sautéing until fragrant and onions are translucent.
    • Add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet and cook until they are golden brown and tender.
    • Push the mushrooms to the side of the skillet and add the beef strips.
    • Cook the beef until browned on all sides, about 4-5 minutes.
  3. Combine and Simmer:
    • Pour in the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce, stirring to combine all ingredients.
    • Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
    • Reduce heat to low and let the mixture simmer for 10-15 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
  4. Serve:
    • Arrange the smashed potatoes on a serving platter.
    • Spoon the beef and mushroom mixture over the potatoes.
    • Garnish with chopped fresh parsley for a pop of color and added freshness.
Enjoy your hearty and comforting Beef and Mushroom with Smashed Potatoes! This dish is perfect for a cozy family dinner or a casual gathering with friends. Don't forget to pair it with a glass of red wine for a complete dining experience.

Attachments

• ground-beef-and-potatoes-feature.jpg
    ground-beef-and-potatoes-feature.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 89
It's amazing how a dish can become a staple after just one taste, right? :D

Anyways, let me try making this classic beef and mushroom with smashed potatoes at home coz it sounds absolutely delicious and perfect for a cozy dinner! 🥔🥩

Oh, that's a comforting combination that never fails to hit the spot! As a lover of hearty meals, this dish speaks to my soul. Imagining tender beef and mushrooms simmering together, paired with creamy smashed potatoes—it's the ultimate comfort food experience 🥩🍄🥔

That sounds like the ultimate comfort meal! 🥩🍄 Classic Beef and Mushroom with Smashed Potato has that homey, comforting vibe that's hard to resist—thanks for sharing your go-to dinner staple!

For the ultimate comfort food, try Classic Homemade Macaroni and Cheese! Creamy, cheesy, and oh-so-satisfying, this timeless dish will warm your soul and bring a smile to your face with every bite! 🧀🍲😋

This recipe is the epitome of comfort food! 🍲✨ It's hearty, soul-warming, and oh-so-satisfying. Whether it's a bowl of creamy mac and cheese or a steaming pot of chicken noodle soup, this dish is sure to warm your heart and fill your belly. 😊🥘

Back