Picadillo Recipe

clintonbee

Novice Foodie
download (1).jpg

I recently whipped up a batch of picadillo, and let me tell you, it was a flavor explosion! 🎉 This classic Latin American dish is a hearty and comforting meal that's perfect for any night of the week. If you're craving something cozy and packed with deliciousness, you've gotta try this recipe. Here's how to make it:

Picadillo Recipe

Ingredients:

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 pound ground beef
  • 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup green olives, sliced
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Cooked white rice, for serving
  • Fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)

Instructions:

1. Sauté Aromatics:
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until softened and fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.

2. Brown Ground Beef:
- Add ground beef to the skillet and cook until browned, breaking it apart with a spoon as it cooks.

3. Add Remaining Ingredients:
- Stir in diced tomatoes, sliced olives, raisins, tomato paste, ground cumin, and ground cinnamon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

4. Simmer:
- Reduce heat to low and let the mixture simmer for about 15-20 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.

5. Serve:
- Serve picadillo over cooked white rice and garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.

After trying this picadillo recipe, I can't get enough of it! It's savory, slightly sweet, and packed with deliciousness. It's sure to become a favorite in your household too. Enjoy! 🍛✨

Instead of raisins, try using dried apricots for a slightly different flavor profile. I did that once and it turned out surprisingly delicious! 🍑😋

Back