Pickle Juice Recipe

bhella

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone!

I wanted to share a simple yet flavorful recipe for Pickle Juice. Whether you're looking to make your own pickles or just enjoy the tangy goodness on its own, this recipe is super easy to follow and customize. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

• 2 cups water
  • 1 cup white vinegar (you can also use apple cider vinegar for a different flavor)
  • 1 tablespoon salt (kosher or pickling salt works best)
  • 1 tablespoon sugar (optional, but it balances the acidity nicely)
  • 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
  • 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
  • 1 tablespoon dill seeds (or 2-3 fresh dill sprigs)
  • 4-5 cloves of garlic, smashed
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, for a bit of heat)
Instructions:

1. In a medium saucepan, combine the water, vinegar, salt, and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring until the salt and sugar are fully dissolved.
  2. Remove the saucepan from heat and let it cool slightly.
  3. Add the peppercorns, mustard seeds, dill seeds or fresh dill, garlic, bay leaf, and red pepper flakes to a clean jar or container.
  4. Pour the warm brine over the spices and garlic in the jar. Make sure everything is submerged in the liquid.
  5. Let the mixture cool to room temperature, then cover the jar with a lid and refrigerate. The flavors will meld together nicely after a few hours, but for the best taste, let it sit for at least 24 hours before using.
You can use this pickle juice to brine cucumbers, onions, carrots, or any other veggies you like. It's also great as a marinade for meats or as a zesty addition to cocktails!
Pickle Juice Recipe.jpg

Can't wait to hear your thoughts and any variations you might try!

Wow, this pickle juice recipe looks intriguing! 😍 I never thought of making my own, but I can already imagine how tangy and refreshing it must be. Can't wait to try this out next time I have some leftover pickle brine!

Hey everyone!

I wanted to share a simple yet flavorful recipe for Pickle Juice. Whether you're looking to make your own pickles or just enjoy the tangy goodness on its own, this recipe is super easy to follow and customize. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

• 2 cups water
  • 1 cup white vinegar (you can also use apple cider vinegar for a different flavor)
  • 1 tablespoon salt (kosher or pickling salt works best)
  • 1 tablespoon sugar (optional, but it balances the acidity nicely)
  • 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
  • 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
  • 1 tablespoon dill seeds (or 2-3 fresh dill sprigs)
  • 4-5 cloves of garlic, smashed
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, for a bit of heat)
Instructions:

1. In a medium saucepan, combine the water, vinegar, salt, and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring until the salt and sugar are fully dissolved.
  2. Remove the saucepan from heat and let it cool slightly.
  3. Add the peppercorns, mustard seeds, dill seeds or fresh dill, garlic, bay leaf, and red pepper flakes to a clean jar or container.
  4. Pour the warm brine over the spices and garlic in the jar. Make sure everything is submerged in the liquid.
  5. Let the mixture cool to room temperature, then cover the jar with a lid and refrigerate. The flavors will meld together nicely after a few hours, but for the best taste, let it sit for at least 24 hours before using.
You can use this pickle juice to brine cucumbers, onions, carrots, or any other veggies you like. It's also great as a marinade for meats or as a zesty addition to cocktails!View attachment 4442

Can't wait to hear your thoughts and any variations you might try!
Hmm, making pickle juice at home sounds interesting! I bet it adds a unique twist to cocktails and marinades. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Back