Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe 🍍

Hello everyone! I wanted to share my old-fashioned pineapple upside-down cake recipe. I love how simple this cake is to make. It was such a fun party trick the first time I made it, to invert the cake in front of everyone for a show-stopping surprise. I truly recommend this recipe, as it's perfect and everyone will enjoy it once they taste it! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe.jpg
Ingredients:
For the Topping:

• β…“ cup unsalted butter, melted (β…” stick)
  • Β½ cup brown sugar
  • 20 ounces sliced pineapple, drained (1 large can)
  • 13 maraschino cherries, stems removed
For the Cake:

• 1Β½ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1Β½ teaspoons baking powder
  • ΒΌ teaspoon kosher salt
  • Β½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature (1 stick)
  • ΒΎ cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs, room temperature
  • ΒΌ cup sour cream
  • ΒΌ cup reserved pineapple juice, from the can above
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350Β°F.
  2. For the topping, pour melted butter into a 9-inch round cake pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle brown sugar over the melted butter. Arrange pineapple slices over the butter/sugar mixture and place a maraschino cherry in the middle of each pineapple ring.
  3. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
  4. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
  5. Add eggs one at a time, beating each egg until combined. Mix in sour cream, pineapple juice, and vanilla extract.
  6. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
  7. Gently pour batter into the pan and spread into an even layer.
  8. Bake for 30 minutes, then cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
  9. Cool the cake on a wire rack for 15-20 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
Enjoy your delicious homemade pineapple upside down cake! πŸŽ‚

Yum! 🍍 Pineapple Upside Down Cake is a classic favorite! Your recipe looks divine – that golden caramelized pineapple on top has me drooling already. Can't wait to bake this up for dessert tonight! Thanks for sharing the sweetness!

I prefer using fresh pineapple instead of canned. I think it gives the cake a fresher taste and better texture. Takes a bit more effort, though it’s worth it! 🌟

Back