Polipetti affogati – Octopus and tomato stew

Wizzlylabsfud

Culinary Explorer
Polipetti affogati – Octopus and tomato stew.jpg

Today, I will introduce to you a dish that is perfect for feast. Follow me as we prepare this Polipetti ♥

FOLLOW ME!

Ingredients

2 1/4 lb of small octopuses, cleaned
1 1/3 fl oz of extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, bashed
1 3/4 lb of tinned San Marzano tomatoes
1 1/16 pint of passata
3 1/2 fl oz of white wine
1 pinch of chilli flakes, to your taste
chopped parsley
lemon wedges

Method

Add the oil to a large pan with the garlic and place over a medium-high heat. Once starting to sizzle, add the baby octopuses and generously season with salt. Cook with a lid on, occasionally turning the octopuses so they sear on all sides
After about 10 minutes, the octopuses will have curled up and released their juices. Add the wine, allow to reduce by half, then add the tomatoes and chilli flakes. Stir, replace the lid and leave to simmer for around 90 minutes, or until the meat is tender – this might vary depending on the size of the octopuses. Stir every 30 minutes to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan
Serve with chopped fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice

View attachment 893

Today, I will introduce to you a dish that is perfect for feast. Follow me as we prepare this Polipetti ♥

FOLLOW ME!

Ingredients

2 1/4 lb of small octopuses, cleaned
1 1/3 fl oz of extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, bashed
1 3/4 lb of tinned San Marzano tomatoes
1 1/16 pint of passata
3 1/2 fl oz of white wine
1 pinch of chilli flakes, to your taste
chopped parsley
lemon wedges

Method

Add the oil to a large pan with the garlic and place over a medium-high heat. Once starting to sizzle, add the baby octopuses and generously season with salt. Cook with a lid on, occasionally turning the octopuses so they sear on all sides
After about 10 minutes, the octopuses will have curled up and released their juices. Add the wine, allow to reduce by half, then add the tomatoes and chilli flakes. Stir, replace the lid and leave to simmer for around 90 minutes, or until the meat is tender – this might vary depending on the size of the octopuses. Stir every 30 minutes to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan
Serve with chopped fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice
Love polipetti affogati! 🐙❤️ I think serving it with crusty bread to soak up the sauce is a must, though.

Hi! Polipetti affogati, octopus and tomato stew, was a delightful culinary experience, with tender octopus simmered in a rich tomato sauce bursting with Mediterranean flavors—a true taste of the sea!

Hi! Polipetti affogati, octopus and tomato stew, was a delightful culinary experience, with tender octopus simmered in a rich tomato sauce bursting with Mediterranean flavors—a true taste of the sea!
yeah! delicious right? did your loved ones like it?

Back