Porcupine Meatballs

Kuromi_X.O

Culinary Explorer
Porcupine Meatballs.jpg
Hey there, foodies! I'm thrilled to share one of my all-time favorite comfort food recipes with you today: Porcupine Meatballs! These tasty little meatballs have been a hit in my family for years, and I can't wait for you to try them too!

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomato sauce
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • Optional: chopped parsley for garnish
Instructions:
  1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, uncooked rice, chopped onion, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
  2. Shape the mixture into small meatballs, about 1 inch in diameter, and place them in a single layer in a large skillet or pot.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix together the tomato sauce, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, and dried oregano. Pour the sauce mixture over the meatballs in the skillet.
  4. Bring the sauce to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and let the meatballs cook for 45-50 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and the meatballs are tender.
  5. Once cooked, serve the porcupine meatballs hot, spooning some of the sauce over the top. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
They're simple to make, packed with flavor, and sure to become a family favorite in no time. Happy cooking! 🍽️🥩

View attachment 3106Hey there, foodies! I'm thrilled to share one of my all-time favorite comfort food recipes with you today: Porcupine Meatballs! These tasty little meatballs have been a hit in my family for years, and I can't wait for you to try them too!

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomato sauce
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • Optional: chopped parsley for garnish
Instructions:
  1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, uncooked rice, chopped onion, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
  2. Shape the mixture into small meatballs, about 1 inch in diameter, and place them in a single layer in a large skillet or pot.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix together the tomato sauce, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, and dried oregano. Pour the sauce mixture over the meatballs in the skillet.
  4. Bring the sauce to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and let the meatballs cook for 45-50 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and the meatballs are tender.
  5. Once cooked, serve the porcupine meatballs hot, spooning some of the sauce over the top. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
They're simple to make, packed with flavor, and sure to become a family favorite in no time. Happy cooking! 🍽️🥩
Porcupine meatballs are a childhood favorite for many! The combination of tender meatballs and rice, cooked in a savory sauce, is simply irresistible. It's a comforting and hearty dish that's perfect for family dinners or potlucks. Plus, the name "porcupine meatballs" adds a fun touch that kids (and adults) love. Thanks for sharing this classic recipe!

Porcupine meatballs are such a fun twist on a classic dish! Can't wait to roll up some tasty meatballs and enjoy the playful presentation. 🦔🍽️

OMG, porcupine meatballs are such a fun twist! 😍 I love how cute and creative they are. Can’t wait to whip these up—thanks for sharing the recipe!

Back