🥓🍴 Pork Belly Recipe 🍴🥓

Prutsald

Culinary Explorer
Just wanted to share this amazing pork belly recipe with you all. It's one of my favorites and I know you'll love it too! 😋🔥Explore my method comprising three steps to achieve pork that is tender to the point of melting, boasting a crunchy outer layer, and adorned with a delightful sticky, sweet, or spicy coating.

Ingredients​

Pork Belly:

• 1 kg (2.2 lbs) rindless pork belly slices chopped in half (each piece being approx. the length of your index finger)
  • 1 litre (4 1/4 cups) hot chicken stock
  • 1 thumb sized piece of ginger peeled and minced (or 1 tbsp of ginger puree)
  • 3 cloves garlic peeled and roughly chopped
  • 1 tbsp rice wine
  • 1 tbsp caster sugar

Glaze:

• 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • pinch salt and pepper
  • 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger peeled and minced
  • 1 red chilli finely chopped
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
  • 1 tsp lemon grass paste
pork belly recipe.jpg

TO MAKE PORK BELLY, FOLLOW THESE STEPS:​

• Combine pork belly slices, chicken stock, ginger, garlic, rice wine, and caster sugar in a sturdy pan, preferably a cast iron casserole. Use 1 kg (2.2 lbs) of pork belly slices, 1 liter (4 1/4 cups) of hot chicken stock, 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 tbsp of rice wine, and 1 tbsp of caster sugar.
  • Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover with a lid, reduce the heat, and let it simmer for 2 hours.
  • Turn off the heat, take out the pork from the pan, and pat it dry with kitchen towels. Optionally, you can reserve the liquid for Thai or Chinese noodle soup.
  • Cut the pork into bite-sized pieces.
  • In a small bowl, combine 1 tbsp of oil, a pinch of salt and pepper, ginger, red chili, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, and lemongrass paste.
  • Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
  • Add the pork to the pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and fry, turning regularly until golden brown. Use caution as the oil may splatter (a splatter guard is recommended).
  • Pour the glaze over the pork and continue cooking for a couple of minutes, turning the pork frequently until it appears dark and sticky.
  • Remove from heat and serve, optionally garnishing with chopped spring onions and red chilies.

Bon appétit! Enjoy the succulent flavors of this Pork Belly Recipe – a symphony of savory indulgence that's sure to tantalize your taste buds. Share the joy of good food with loved ones and savor each delicious bite!"

Wow, this pork belly recipe sounds amazing! 😋🔥 I love how you break it down into simple steps and the glaze sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing such a drool-worthy dish!

Mmm, this Pork Belly Recipe is a crispy, melt-in-your-mouth delight! It's perfect for satisfying those pork belly cravings. Yum!

Back