They are actually dumplings that are of Japanese origin, they are normally cooked through pan frying and are ideal for appetizers or snacks. Juicy portions of meat, ground pork, and conventional Japanese spices, these snacks are beloved In Japan and other countries. It has got hard skin and soft fleshy pulp and is, therefore, commonly taken as a snack due to its good taste. Modern gyoza can be eaten at any time of the day, whether it’s a formal dinner with friends invited over or a snack at lunch time. Well, suffice to say, let us get straight into the recipe and see for ourselves how one can prepare these tasty dumplings at home. πŸ₯ŸπŸ₯Ÿ

Pork Gyoza.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 12 ounces ground pork
  • ΒΌ head cabbage, shredded
  • 1 egg
  • 2 spring onions, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 2 teaspoons sake
  • 2 teaspoons mirin
  • 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
  • 40 gyoza wrappers (or as needed)
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • Β½ cup water
Sauce:
  • ΒΌ cup rice wine vinegar
  • ΒΌ cup soy sauce

Directions:
  1. Mix Filling: In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, shredded cabbage, egg, spring onions, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, sake, mirin, and ginger. Mix well.
  2. Prepare Gyoza: Place 1 to 2 teaspoons of the pork mixture in the center of each gyoza wrapper. Moisten the edges with water, fold in half, and crimp the edges to seal. Make sure there’s no excess air inside.
  3. Cook Gyoza: Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add gyoza in a single layer and fry until the bottoms are browned (3-5 minutes). Add water to the skillet, cover, and steam until the water evaporates (about 5 minutes). Repeat with remaining gyoza.
  4. Make Sauce: Mix rice vinegar and soy sauce together for a dipping sauce.
  5. Serve: Serve the cooked gyoza with the dipping sauce. Enjoy!

They are actually dumplings that are of Japanese origin, they are normally cooked through pan frying and are ideal for appetizers or snacks. Juicy portions of meat, ground pork, and conventional Japanese spices, these snacks are beloved In Japan and other countries. It has got hard skin and soft fleshy pulp and is, therefore, commonly taken as a snack due to its good taste. Modern gyoza can be eaten at any time of the day, whether it’s a formal dinner with friends invited over or a snack at lunch time. Well, suffice to say, let us get straight into the recipe and see for ourselves how one can prepare these tasty dumplings at home. πŸ₯ŸπŸ₯Ÿ

View attachment 3568

Ingredients:
  • 12 ounces ground pork
  • ΒΌ head cabbage, shredded
  • 1 egg
  • 2 spring onions, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 2 teaspoons sake
  • 2 teaspoons mirin
  • 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
  • 40 gyoza wrappers (or as needed)
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • Β½ cup water
Sauce:
  • ΒΌ cup rice wine vinegar
  • ΒΌ cup soy sauce

Directions:
  1. Mix Filling: In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, shredded cabbage, egg, spring onions, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, sake, mirin, and ginger. Mix well.
  2. Prepare Gyoza: Place 1 to 2 teaspoons of the pork mixture in the center of each gyoza wrapper. Moisten the edges with water, fold in half, and crimp the edges to seal. Make sure there’s no excess air inside.
  3. Cook Gyoza: Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add gyoza in a single layer and fry until the bottoms are browned (3-5 minutes). Add water to the skillet, cover, and steam until the water evaporates (about 5 minutes). Repeat with remaining gyoza.
  4. Make Sauce: Mix rice vinegar and soy sauce together for a dipping sauce.
  5. Serve: Serve the cooked gyoza with the dipping sauce. Enjoy!
This pork gyoza recipe looks amazing! I've always wanted to try making them at home. Has anyone tried substituting pork with chicken or tofu for a lighter option? Excited to give this a shot for my next Asian-inspired dinner night! πŸ₯ŸπŸœ

Thank you for sharing your Pork Gyoza recipe! It looks absolutely delicious and authentic. Making homemade gyoza can seem intimidating, but your clear instructions and tips make it seem much more manageable. I appreciate the detail you've put into explaining the folding technique for the dumplings – that's always been the trickiest part for me. I can't wait to gather the ingredients and give this recipe a try. Homemade gyoza will make for a perfect appetizer or main course for a cozy night in. πŸ₯ŸπŸœ

Just made pork gyoza from scratch – crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, and bursting with flavor!

Pork gyoza recipe? πŸ₯ŸπŸ– Make flavorful dumplings filled with a savory mixture of ground pork, cabbage, garlic, and ginger, then pan-fry until golden and crispy for a delicious appetizer or meal that's perfect for sharing - a tasty and satisfying dish that's sure to impress!
Yum, that pork gyoza recipe sounds spot on! Thanks for the shoutout! Nothing beats crispy dumplings with that savory filling - definitely a crowd-pleaser! πŸ™ŒπŸ·πŸ₯Ÿ

This pork gyoza recipe looks amazing! I've always wanted to try making them at home. Has anyone tried substituting pork with chicken or tofu for a lighter option? Excited to give this a shot for my next Asian-inspired dinner night! πŸ₯ŸπŸœ
Thanks a ton! Yeah, you can totally swap pork for chicken or tofu for a lighter twist. Works great and still super tasty. Hope you love it! 😊🍽️

Alright, gyoza are these awesome Japanese dumplings, crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, perfect for any meal or snack – let's dive into the recipe and whip up some of these tasty treats at home! πŸ₯Ÿ
Oh, gyoza are the bomb! Crispy outside, juicy inside – so good! Thanks for suggesting, can’t wait to share my recipe and have you whipping up these tasty little treats at home! πŸ₯ŸπŸ’―

Back