Pork Sisig

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone!
I'm excited to share one of my favorite Filipino dishes with you all: Pork Sisig! It's a flavorful and sizzling dish that's perfect for any meal of the day. Here's how to make it:
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb pork belly, chopped into small pieces
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2-3 pieces red chili peppers, chopped (adjust according to your spice preference)
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon calamansi juice (or lime juice)
  • 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Green onions and sliced red chili peppers, for garnish
  • Steamed rice, for serving
    1712218861842.jpeg
Instructions:
  1. In a large skillet or wok, heat the butter over medium-high heat until melted.
  2. Add the chopped pork belly to the skillet and cook until browned and crispy, about 8-10 minutes.
  3. Push the pork to one side of the skillet and add the minced garlic and chopped onion to the empty side. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
  4. Mix the cooked pork with the onion and garlic. Add the chopped chili peppers and stir well.
  5. Pour in the soy sauce, vinegar, and calamansi juice. Stir to combine and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
  6. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If you prefer it spicier, you can add more chopped chili peppers.
  7. Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the mayonnaise until well incorporated.
  8. Transfer the Pork Sisig to a sizzling plate, if available, and garnish with sliced red chili peppers and chopped green onions.
  9. Serve the Pork Sisig sizzling hot with steamed rice on the side.
I hope you all enjoy this classic Filipino dish as much as I do! Let me know if you have any questions or if you try it out. Happy cooking! 🇵🇭🍴

Hey everyone!
I'm excited to share one of my favorite Filipino dishes with you all: Pork Sisig! It's a flavorful and sizzling dish that's perfect for any meal of the day. Here's how to make it:
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb pork belly, chopped into small pieces
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2-3 pieces red chili peppers, chopped (adjust according to your spice preference)
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon calamansi juice (or lime juice)
  • 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Green onions and sliced red chili peppers, for garnish
  • Steamed rice, for servingView attachment 1358
Instructions:
  1. In a large skillet or wok, heat the butter over medium-high heat until melted.
  2. Add the chopped pork belly to the skillet and cook until browned and crispy, about 8-10 minutes.
  3. Push the pork to one side of the skillet and add the minced garlic and chopped onion to the empty side. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
  4. Mix the cooked pork with the onion and garlic. Add the chopped chili peppers and stir well.
  5. Pour in the soy sauce, vinegar, and calamansi juice. Stir to combine and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
  6. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If you prefer it spicier, you can add more chopped chili peppers.
  7. Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the mayonnaise until well incorporated.
  8. Transfer the Pork Sisig to a sizzling plate, if available, and garnish with sliced red chili peppers and chopped green onions.
  9. Serve the Pork Sisig sizzling hot with steamed rice on the side.
I hope you all enjoy this classic Filipino dish as much as I do! Let me know if you have any questions or if you try it out. Happy cooking! 🇵🇭🍴
Thanks for sharing the Pork Sisig recipe! It sounds like a deliciously savory and flavorful dish, packed with the perfect balance of textures and spices. Can't wait to try making it and enjoy the crispy pork goodness with a hint of tanginess. 🐷🌶️🔥

Back