Pork Tonkatsu Recipe

Chiyah_

Culinary Explorer
Hey! Are you looking for a crispy in the outside and tender in the inside dish for you dinner? Today, I will share you my recipe for Pork tonkatsu! Also I will share my tonkatsu sauce that will add the flavor for our pork tonkatsu. 🥵😍🤩😉

Ingredients:
For the Tonkatsu:
  • 4 boneless pork loin chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 large eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • Vegetable oil, for frying
For the Tonkatsu Sauce:
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Instructions

For the sauce

1. In a small saucepan, combine the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, and Dijon mustard. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved and the sauce is heated through. Remove from heat and set aside.

For the pork
  1. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides. Set up a breading station with three shallow dishes: one with flour, one with beaten eggs, and one with panko breadcrumbs.
  2. Dredge each pork chop in the flour, shaking off any excess. Dip it into the beaten eggs, allowing any excess to drip off. Finally, coat it evenly with the panko breadcrumbs, pressing gently to adhere.
  3. In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Carefully add the breaded pork chops to the skillet, working in batches if necessary to avoid overcrowding. Fry for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer the cooked Tonkatsu to a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
  4. Slice the Tonkatsu into strips and serve immediately with Tonkatsu sauce drizzled over the top. Enjoy your crispy and delicious Tonkatsu!

That's it! I hope you enjoy your japanese vibes at your dinner. This will also taste delicious if you paired up with your coleslaw. Let me know what you think. Enjoy! 🥵😍🤩😉

tonkatsu.jpg

Thanks for sharing this, your Pork Tonkatsu recipe looks amazing! I'm intrigued by the combination of flavors in the sauce. How did you come up with this particular blend of ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and rice vinegar? 😅

I've tried to cook a pork tonkatsu before but I can't seem to perfect my sauce. I'll try to follow your recipe next time!

Your Pork Tonkatsu recipe looks amazing! 😍 I love the crispy coating and the tender pork inside. It's such a classic dish that never fails to satisfy. One thing I like to do sometimes is to add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice over the tonkatsu just before serving. It adds a refreshing tanginess that balances out the richness of the dish. Have you ever tried that? It's a small tweak, but it really elevates the flavors! Thanks for sharing your recipe! 🍋🐷

Mmm, Pork Tonkatsu! This recipe looks like a crispy, golden delight. I can almost hear the satisfying crunch with each bite.

Back