Potato Rosti with a Smoked Salmon Rose

Caramellyy_

Culinary Explorer
Hey, Foodies! Looking for an elegant and tasty dish for your family dinner, casual breakfast, or any occasions? I've got something for you! This is the Potato Rosti with a Smoked Salmon Rose is a lovely way to enjoy smoked salmon without the bagel. The crispy potato pancake is perfect for a special brunch. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ˜‹

Ingredients:

For the Potato Rosti:
  • 2 large potatoes, peeled
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Olive oil, for frying
For the Smoked Salmon Rose:
  • 100g smoked salmon slices
  • 1 tablespoon cream cheese or crรจme fraรฎche
  • Fresh dill, for garnish
  • Lemon zest, for garnish (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Prepare the Potato Rosti:
    • Grate the peeled potatoes using a box grater or food processor. Place the grated potatoes in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out excess moisture.
    • Transfer the grated potatoes to a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then drizzle with melted butter. Toss to combine.
    • Heat a small amount of olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add a portion of the grated potatoes to the skillet, pressing down firmly to form a flat, even layer.
    • Cook the rosti for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy. Use a spatula to carefully flip the rosti halfway through cooking. Repeat with the remaining grated potatoes, adding more olive oil to the skillet as needed.
    • Once cooked, transfer the potato rosti to a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil. Keep warm until ready to serve.
  2. Prepare the Smoked Salmon Rose:
    • Lay out the smoked salmon slices on a clean work surface. Roll up each slice into a tight spiral to form a rose shape.
    • Place a small dollop of cream cheese or crรจme fraรฎche in the center of each smoked salmon rose to hold its shape.
    • Garnish the smoked salmon roses with fresh dill sprigs and lemon zest, if desired.
  3. Assemble the Dish:
    • To serve, place a warm potato rosti on a serving plate. Top each rosti with a smoked salmon rose.
    • Garnish with additional fresh dill and lemon zest, if desired.
    • Serve the potato rosti with smoked salmon roses as a delightful appetizer or elegant brunch dish.
Enjoy this flavorful and visually stunning dish with family and friends! Adjust the seasoning and garnishes according to your taste preferences for a personalized touch and share your thoughts about this recipe ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ˜‹

1486405349978.jpeg

This Potato Rosti with Smoked Salmon Rose is a total showstopper! ๐Ÿฅ”๐ŸŒน Can't wait to impress my brunch crew with this elegant dish. The crispy potatoes paired with the savory salmon - it's a match made in breakfast heaven! Thanks for sharing this gem!

This Potato Rosti with Smoked Salmon Rose is a total showstopper! ๐Ÿฅ”๐ŸŒน Can't wait to impress my brunch crew with this elegant dish. The crispy potatoes paired with the savory salmon - it's a match made in breakfast heaven! Thanks for sharing this gem!
I think garnishing with fresh dill or chives will enhance the flavors and make it visually appealing ๐ŸŒฑ

Back