Quinoa Salad with Chickpeas and Veggies

Horton

Culinary Explorer
Hello everybody! Let me share with you the nutritious Quinoa Salad with Chickpeas and Veggies. I just found this online and gave it a try, and it turned out great. I want you guys to give it a try, it is super healthy, and yummy. Promise you won't regret it.
780×838
100.4 kB

quinoachickpeavegsalad.jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
  • 2 cups water or vegetable broth
  • 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1 cucumber, diced
  • 1 bell pepper, diced (any color)
  • 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Optional: Crumbled feta cheese, avocado slices, or toasted nuts for garnish
Instructions:

1. In a medium saucepan, combine the rinsed quinoa and water or vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender and the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, and chopped parsley.
  3. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
  4. Pour the dressing over the quinoa and vegetable mixture, and toss gently until everything is well coated.
  5. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed, adding more salt, pepper, or lemon juice to suit your taste preferences.
  6. Transfer the Quinoa Salad with Chickpeas and Veggies to a serving platter or individual bowls.
  7. If desired, garnish the salad with crumbled feta cheese, avocado slices, or toasted nuts for added flavor and texture.
  8. Serve the salad immediately, or refrigerate it for a few hours to allow the flavors to meld before serving.
  9. Enjoy this delicious and nutritious Quinoa Salad with Chickpeas and Veggies as a light lunch or side dish!
You can add more veggies or anything you like to. Enjoy!

Back