🍜 Ramen Eggs Recipe 🍜

rootme

Culinary Explorer
I just wanted to share my knowledge about the ramen eggs recipe. It's a simple but delicious way to elevate your ramen game. Boil your eggs, peel, then soak in a mix of soy sauce and mirin overnight. The umami flavor is unreal! Try it out and let me know what you think. 🌟🍜
1200×1800
93.6 kB

ramen eggs recipe.jpg

INGREDIENTS​

• 4 large room temperature eggs or bring them to room temperature by running cold eggs under warm water until shells are not cold
  • 1 tablespoon white vinegar for boiling eggs to make peeling process easier (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon salt for boiling eggs to make peeling process easier (optional)

Soy Sauce Marinade​

• ¼ cup regular soy sauce or substitute with a gluten-free soy sauce, tamari sauce or coconut aminos
  • ¼ cup mirin
  • ¼ cup cold water
  • 2 teaspoon white granulated sugar or sub with brown sugar

INSTRUCTIONS​

• Combine marinade ingredients in a mason jar or small air-tight container until the sugar dissolves completely. Optionally, microwave for 30 seconds to aid dissolution. Set aside.
  • In a small pot, bring water, vinegar, and salt to a boil over high heat.
  • Once boiling, gently lower room temperature eggs into the pot. Maintain medium-high heat for a rolling boil without covering. Boil for 6 minutes for soft-boiled eggs with a runny yolk, or 6.5 minutes for a jammy yolk. For hard-boiled eggs, boil for 10 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, prepare an ice water bath in a large bowl.
  • Transfer cooked eggs to the ice water bath to halt cooking completely. Allow eggs to cool in the ice bath.
  • Crack and peel egg shells gently using the back of a spoon, starting from the bottom (less pointy side) where there's a gap between the egg white and shell. Use fingers to peel away the shell, then use the spoon to lift it off, avoiding marks on the egg whites. Note: Soft-boiled eggs require more delicate handling than hard-boiled eggs during cracking and peeling.
  • Carefully place peeled eggs into the soy sauce marinade. Cover the container and marinate overnight or for 24 hours for best flavor. The egg whites will begin to stain after about 2 hours if a quicker preparation is desired. Tip: Place a small square of plastic wrap or paper towel over the eggs to keep them submerged in the marinade.
  • To serve, slice eggs in half lengthwise with a sharp knife. Enjoy cold without reheating.

Love this Ramen Eggs recipe idea! 🍜🥚 Definitely trying it next time I make ramen at home. Thanks for sharing such a tasty twist!

Wow, ramen eggs = genius! 👏👏 Who knew a simple marinade could take your ramen to the next level?? Gotta try this out ..the runny yolk with that umami flavor sounds incredible! 😋

This ramen egg recipe is a game-changer! 🍜✨ Boil, peel, and marinate your eggs in soy sauce and mirin overnight for that perfect umami boost. Can't wait to hear how you like it! 🌟

Back