Recipe: Authentic Homemade Siomai Recipe for Dinner Delight! 🥟✨

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I'm excited to share one of my all-time favorite dinner recipes: Homemade Siomai! It's a classic dish that never fails to impress, and it's surprisingly easy to make at home. Here's what you'll need:
1713251485381.jpeg

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 pound ground pork
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped shrimp
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1 teaspoon grated ginger
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Wonton wrappers
  • Optional: chili sauce or soy sauce for dipping
These ingredients come together to create the perfect blend of savory flavors with a hint of sweetness from the water chestnuts. Plus, the texture combination of the pork and shrimp is just divine!
I usually start by mixing together the ground pork, chopped shrimp, water chestnuts, green onions, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Once everything is well combined, it's time to assemble the siomai!
I spoon a small amount of the filling onto a wonton wrapper, then gather the edges and pleat them to create that classic siomai shape. It might take a bit of practice, but trust me, it's worth it for that authentic look!
After all the siomai are assembled, I steam them for about 10-12 minutes until cooked through. You can serve them hot with your favorite dipping sauce—I personally love a mix of chili sauce and soy sauce for that extra kick!
I hope you give this homemade siomai recipe a try for your next dinner—it's sure to be a hit with family and friends! Let me know if you have any questions or if you've tried any variations that you love. Happy cooking! 🍽️👩‍🍳

WOW! I love how you've included shrimp and water chestnuts for that extra crunch! Have you ever tried adding any other ingredients for a twist? 🤔

Back